CPA's ready for April cruise?

ffej

As I sit at my desk at 9:30 pm I can't help but think that there are more CPA's dying to drop their pencils and take off right now! The 15th can't come soon enough! I'll be on the Majesty on the 21st, drink in hand.

You have my sympathies and my jealousy, considering that this past Saturday was the first day I hadn't worked since the 3rd week in January - including Saturdays and Sundays. My cruise isn't until May.

I am also a CPA, but got out of public years ago for that reason. To many 70 hour weeks! Working in industry is much less stressful and I sure don't have to work those kind of hours.

I will be thinking of all you hard workers when we leave on the 5th for 2 glorious weeks of vacation!!

As I sit at my desk at 9:30 pm I can't help but think that there are more CPA's dying to drop their pencils and take off right now! The 15th can't come soon enough! I'll be on the Majesty on the 21st, drink in hand.

Poor FFEJ - how did you find time to drop on in on us here at cruise critic? Not to brag but I already received my state income tax refund, federal tax refund and now I'm waiting for that $600 extra from Uncle Sam. You all know the saying, "nothing in life is free". Well that saying applies especially to us folks here in Louisiana. Our new governor (Jindal) is already making rumbles that the money we get from Uncle Sam will be taxable next year. And to think I voted for him. :p

I'm a CPA. Cranking out K-1's right now. We fly to San Juan on 4/18 and board Serenade for a 2 week Panama Canal cruise back to our home port of San Francisco. Reason I've gotcha beat is spouse is also a CPA altho she works the other side of the street (so to speak), but also moonlights.

Last year we did AOS out of San Juan for a 1 week post tax in late April. Worst mistake we made once was flying cross country on 4/16 to take the Celebrity Century out of Fla on 4/17 to the E. Carib. The boarding pics looked terrible, it took us at least a couple of days to chill.

Congrats to the Las Vegas wedding.

I'm a CPA. Working my tail off.

However, it provides the felxibility and cash flow that allows me to cruise 2 to 3 times a year.

I'm the luckiest gut in the world great wife of 35 years, great kids (an architect son and a daughter at UT Medical School, they both put in impossible hours as well) great life and I have the best clients in the world.

CPA's on a group cruise. Whew!, its not my cruise. Didn't want too have to worry about another obnoxious group :p

CPA's on a group cruise. Whew!, its not my cruise. Didn't want too have to worry about another obnoxious group :p

Thanks Bill, I just hope YOUR tax preparer reads this. And by the way I'm even happier then you that I'm not on your cruise.

Thanks Bill, I just hope YOUR tax preparer reads this. And by the way I'm even happier then you that I'm not on your cruise.

Humor, an interesting concept
From Vulcan officer (Kirstie Alley) in training Star Trek 2, The wrath of Kahn. Lighten up.

My husband is a CPA and is also working these long bogus hours, 7 days a week. He started working 7 days a week right after christmas, so he could prepare hisself for tax season. Every year since we have been together we have taken a cruise or gone to the caribbean. He is already day dreaming about our "Freedom of the Seas" cruise May 25th. Every morning he wakes up and says he is going to get breakfast up in the "Windjammer". I laugh and tell him only 73 days to go. Good thing I am a hairdresser and can make up my own hours. I get to read these message boards and get all the inside clues to the cruise. Only about 5 more weeks of taxes you hard working CPA's. I love my CPA, he is my husband. We will celebrate our 1st anniversary and 10 years of being together on our cruise.:cool:

Little bit of envy from up here in Canada - Colin is same as CPA (Canada & UK qualified) - we do not press the final button on the computers until April 30th!

Having practised in UK and Canada (with a few non-resident US returns) we are so fortunate to have well developed computer systems and electronic filing.

Having said all that there is only one reason for becoming a CPA - if you think about it the only other sure-fire business involves wearing dark clothes and a sombre expression - being British I can use my "Monty Python /Benny Hill" sense of humour to make it a little less painful for my clients!

WRP95 don't worry about a group of lawyers - it's only 99% that give the other 1% a bad name!

Archived