Ventura Cabins Still avaliable Maiden cruise 18th april

scottie86

Hi for anyone intrestedI have just been on the P&O website and found out that the following cabins our still avalible for the maiden

grades

inside

OH limited

OD avalible

OC Limited

outside twin

LE limited

outside twin balcony

JG Limted

JA Limited

junior Suite

CD avaliable

CC avaliable

CA limited

here is link

http://www.pocruises.com/QuickFinder/Cruises-N802-2008-Fare-Availability.aspx

We are booked on the Transatlantic and the prices have actually gone up indicating low availability! I wonder if its just that people who booked early are now no longer able to go, or maybe the smoking polilcy has caused cancellations?

Hi for anyone intrestedI have just been on the P&O website and found out that the following cabins our still avalible for the maiden

here is link

http://www.pocruises.com/QuickFinder/Cruises-N802-2008-Fare-Availability.aspx

And I still cannot ******** well go.

BTW limited means down to the last few cabins, This could represent as few as 20 cabins out of 1500

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

If they dropped the ridiculously high SS ,they might sell more cabins.:confused:

The 100% SS on this cruise reflects the high take up of cabins. Looking at the website there are indeed very few cabins left.

Now if you wish to go on this cruise:-

Ventura Cruise N816 - Canaries Cocktail

Departing 28 September 2008 for 12 nights

the SS is only 70% as there are plenty of cabins available.

I am afraid it is the law of supply and demand, the fewer cabins to be sold the higher the SS.

Of course that does not stop you having a good old moan. I would.

Dai

It is not just Ventura

Oceana – 20th Apr – Canaries Explorer – 14nts

Southampton, Madeira, La Palma, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Cadiz, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton

OH inside twin from only £799pp on a guarantee basis…cabin number not allocated at time of booking.

For extra £50pp you can have the best available inside twin (OB-OG)

Aurora – 20th Apr – Jewels of the Adriatic – 16nts

Southampton, Cadiz, Katakolon, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice, Palermo, Palma, Southampton

OF inside twin from only £1199pp on a guarantee basis…

Is a recession starting to bite?

Regards Cb

It is not just Ventura

Oceana – 20th Apr – Canaries Explorer – 14nts

Southampton, Madeira, La Palma, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Cadiz, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton

OH inside twin from only £799pp on a guarantee basis…cabin number not allocated at time of booking.

For extra £50pp you can have the best available inside twin (OB-OG)

Aurora – 20th Apr – Jewels of the Adriatic – 16nts

Southampton, Cadiz, Katakolon, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice, Palermo, Palma, Southampton

OF inside twin from only £1199pp on a guarantee basis…

Is the recession starting to bite?

Regards Cb

Hi CB

Hardly, as the Aurora is almost full with 100% SS and only inside cabins left for this cruise. In a recession the cheaper cabins would go first, surely.

You get deals like this every year to fill up the few remaining cabins, usually the ones no one wants.

However I do believe that the extra competition from RCI, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity etc will keep the prices of P&O cruises down, however this may not be to everyone's liking, as I can see a rash of posts about dumbing down appearing on these boards when the extra capacity, Ex Southampton, kicks in.

Dai

Hi CB

Hardly, as the Aurora is almost full with 100% SS and only inside cabins left for this cruise. In a recession the cheaper cabins would go first, surely.

Dai

Perhaps P&O are offering 'cheap upgrades' to those in inside thus releasing these cabins to sell cheaply whilst keeping the early bookers happy.

You get deals like this every year to fill up the few remaining cabins, usually the ones no one wants.

However I do believe that the extra competition from RCI, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity etc will keep the prices of P&O cruises down, however this may not be to everyone's liking, as I can see a rash of posts about dumbing down appearing on these boards when the extra capacity, Ex Southampton, kicks in.

By dumbing down what do you mean, and what form do you suggest it will take.

Regards Cb

Hi CB

By dumbing down what do you mean, and what form do you suggest it will take.

Regards Cb

There have been some posts on other boards complaining about the passengers who can now afford to cruise. These passengers were considered to be of the wrong type and would never have been on ships a few years ago because of price.

It is this dumbing down to which I was referring. It is a load of snobbish, toffee nosed, **********ks. But I am observing its rise on a number of boards. Of course it is all UK based.

I do not believe that there has been a dumbing down of the cruises themselves at least we have not noticed any over the past 7 years.

Dai

Archived