Horseback Riding

ESR24

I am trying to find a place that does horseback riding (into the water) and has other options for people in our group that don't want to go on the ride. Are there any locations like this?

Thanks!

I've been looking at that place, and the info is pretty vague.

Does anyone know if going here is worth the savings rather than booking through the cruise line?

And how long the horse back riding excursion is?

We went riding last year at Buenavista Ranch, we booked with carnival. We had a great time going around some Mayan ruins but no water(sorry).

Very cool ranch and free beer after!!!:rolleyes:

I did a horseback riding tour with wild tours and it was really a great tour. We also didn't go into the water just were in the jungle we visited a sink hole an underground cave and a small ruin. They had cold bottled water for us the whole time and round trip transportation was included as well. :D

Depends on if you are an experienced rider or not. I did the ride at Buena Vista a few years ago. I've been riding since I was 7, it was ok. They let you canter for a little bit, no gallop. The group was pretty big and the trails are gravel pathways, so it's not a true "trail ride." BUT, if you are not an experienced rider, I think you'd probably love it. Or if it's a smaller group (probably 20+ on my ride). My friends are not riders and loved it. They also have free beer/soda/water after the ride and then they sold us Coronas on the bus for about $2 a piece. Clean restrooms and a place to change as well.

If you have ridden before then maybe it would be better on the tour that I took. The trails are definitely not gravel and there are some areas where if you're doing well they'll let you gallop. Well good luck I don't think anyone rides in the water but maybe someone else does.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to a horseback ride that says they are the only riding on the beach. http://www.cozumel-tours.com/mr-sanchos-beach-club.htm.

I am looking at horseback riding as well. I am trying to determine the difference between the ride that is $35 and the ride is $52. They sound very similar and are the same length. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

We are planning to horseback ride at Mr Sanchos, according to recent travlers it was only $20.00 per person for 30 minutes. I just checked out the website provided in the previous thread and that looks good as well but a bit confusing since we were told you just to to Mr Sanchos beach and can ride for $20.00, it is possible that this is another tour company near Mr Sanchos. If anyone has any information that can clarify for me I would appreciate it!

Mr. Sanchos is the place for horseback riding on the beach, but you don't get to ride into the water. It is located in the protected marine park, and it is not allowed due to protective efforts.

There is no riding of the horses into the water in Cozumel.

Hope this helps clear things up. Have fun!

Archived