Emerald Princess which deck is best for balcony cabins?

tinka14

Hi all

Just about to take the plunge and make a booking for March 2009 on the Emerald Princess!

In your view, which deck is best for balcony cabins? Is there much difference between a BE,BD,BC cabin?

How about balcony furniture? Is it just a table and normal sitting chairs or do you have reclining chairs?

Many thanks

Tinka14

Hi all

Just about to take the plunge and make a booking for March 2009 on the Emerald Princess!

In your view, which deck is best for balcony cabins? Is there much difference between a BE,BD,BC cabin?

How about balcony furniture? Is it just a table and normal sitting chairs or do you have reclining chairs?

Many thanks

Tinka14

If you are considering booking a BE, you might consider booking it as a guarantee. There are usually only 4 BE cabins on Princess' ships, therefore, you stand a good chance at an upgrade, especially booking a year ahead.

My personal favorite category on Princess is BB, larger balcony and partially covered. Great for sunning when you want a quiet place to go rather than by the pool.

Good luck!

following refers to 'side' balconies only, i.e. those on starboard or port sides of any ‘Grand’ class ship (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald etc)....

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera (found on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby only) decks have the same balconies. You can stand at the railing of these balconies and look down on to part of the Caribe deck balconies and all of the Dolphin deck balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. Standing at the railing, you will overlook Dolphin deck balconies below.

All of the cabin interiors/bathrooms of the balcony cabins are the same with respect to size (unless it is a handicapped cabin).

Dolphin deck balconies (all balcony cabins are actually mini-suites and thus bigger than regular balcony cabins on the interior with sitting area, 2nd TV and bathtub/shower combination instead of the small shower stall found in the regular balcony cabins). The balcony is sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep and has no ceiling overhang as protection from sun or rain.

Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony – approximately 7 ft. deep x 18 wide, according to someone who stayed in one of these. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony. I do not have any measurements for these Emerald deck balcony sizes.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

you also asked about furniture .... our Caribe deck balcony had two fixed back chairs, two lounger back chairs and a small round table - lots and lots of room for all five pieces of furniture. We highly recommend the Caribe deck due to the size of the balcony ... Jayna k

Thanks to all for replying, managed to bargain my TA for a BC grade cabin on Aloha deck for a lower price than a BD cabin on a lower deck...ok so the balcony isn't the biggest one but should be sufficient I hope and thanks to jaynak for info about balcony furniture.

Tinka14 :)

Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony – approximately 7 ft. deep x 18 wide, according to someone who stayed in one of these. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony. I do not have any measurements for these Emerald deck balcony sizes.

Did not know about those two extra-large balconies. I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Under the Emerald deck staterooms looks like Club Fusion.

Wonder if you can hear the noise below? Band playing?

People walking on Promenade?

Do you feel the motion more being lower on deck?

2635463080050360393yGdbuj_ph.jpg

Edited by Sandytoes

I was wondering the same thing since we just got off the Star in Seattle and booked the Emerald for Feb 2010 room E720. DH just told me that Club Fusion is below us. I understand these rooms in the aft are really nice since not many mini suites have a covered balcony. Wish they had mini's that had the same deck as Caribe. I love the half covered balcony.

Would appreciate any photos of covered mini's on Emerald Princess, Emerald deck.

Love these boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• 5 years later...
If you are considering booking a BE, you might consider booking it as a guarantee. There are usually only 4 BE cabins on Princess' ships, therefore, you stand a good chance at an upgrade, especially booking a year ahead.

My personal favorite category on Princess is BB, larger balcony and partially covered. Great for sunning when you want a quiet place to go rather than by the pool.

Good luck!

I see that you like the BB category cabin on Emerald Princess. Have you ever had or seen the BB category cabins that have the pull down bunks for a third or fourth person in the room? We're booked into a room like this (as an upgrade) but don't have a 3rd or 4th person and just wonder if those pull down bunks will be in the way at all. The Princess agent said she's never seen those rooms and doesn't know of any pictures of them in any room layouts. Thanks for you help if you have any info.

I see that you like the BB category cabin on Emerald Princess. Have you ever had or seen the BB category cabins that have the pull down bunks for a third or fourth person in the room? We're booked into a room like this (as an upgrade) but don't have a 3rd or 4th person and just wonder if those pull down bunks will be in the way at all. The Princess agent said she's never seen those rooms and doesn't know of any pictures of them in any room layouts. Thanks for you help if you have any info.

No, the bunks will not be in the way. They completely recess flat into the ceiling when not in use.