Booking Air Fare ??

Hogladyrider

Though our Alaska cruise is a long way off I'm starting early with my research. Especially since this will be my very first time flying to go on a cruise, we normally drive to the ports here in Florida.

We are booking our own air the legs I am researching are from Orange County, CA (John Wayne Airport) to Vancouver and then our return flights

Vancouver to Orlando, FL for me

Vancouver to Providence RI for my mom

My initial research seems to show that most flights have a stop over in Seattle or Portland Oregon when flying into or out of Vancouver. Is there any advantage to booking separate flights into Seattle and then into Vancouver and the same returning home or just go with a pkg that the web searches come up with?

We plan on flying into Vancouver the night before our cruise departs so will need a hotel as well.

I am aware that it is going to be a full travel day getting from California to Vancouver and don't know what to expect regarding customs when we arrive in Vancouver.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS Travelers will be me (56) and my mom (80).

Susan:)

As for the hotel, when we arrive late evening into Vancouver and depart the next day we usually stay the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. Customs has been quick and easy and from there you can just walk through the airport to the hotel.

http://www.fairmont.com/VancouverAirport/

If you are arriving earlier the Fairmont Waterfront is nice as it’s close to some casual dining and eclectic shopping. There’s also a small mall in the lower level of the hotel in case you need anything.

http://www.fairmont.com/Waterfront/

Hogladyrider, I also fly out of Orlando and the flights to Seattle are much cheaper than the ones to Vancouver. Have you considered flying to Seattle, spending the night, and then taking the train to Vancouver? Many people on this board have reported it's a great train ride and a more inexpensive way to get there. Just a thought!

Though our Alaska cruise is a long way off I'm starting early with my research. Especially since this will be my very first time flying to go on a cruise, we normally drive to the ports here in Florida.

We are booking our own air the legs I am researching are from Orange County, CA (John Wayne Airport) to Vancouver and then our return flights

Vancouver to Orlando, FL for me

Vancouver to Providence RI for my mom

My initial research seems to show that most flights have a stop over in Seattle or Portland Oregon when flying into or out of Vancouver. Is there any advantage to booking separate flights into Seattle and then into Vancouver and the same returning home or just go with a pkg that the web searches come up with?

We plan on flying into Vancouver the night before our cruise departs so will need a hotel as well.

I am aware that it is going to be a full travel day getting from California to Vancouver and don't know what to expect regarding customs when we arrive in Vancouver.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS Travelers will be me (56) and my mom (80).

Susan:)

Susan,

You can leave John Wayne at 9:30 and get into Vancouver at 2:30, so I know why you would book different legs from JW to either Portland or Seattle. You can leave at 7 and get in at noon, so it isn't a full day travel any way you cut it from OC to Vancouver, just leaving a little early if you have to drive to the airport.

Janice

Archived