BAGS program - International

bluesea777

Hi, I have read a few thread about the BAGS program and we seem to be interested in this. But, the question is: can we use this program if we are on an AA international flight (meaning flying out of USA)?? It's a single non-stop flight.

We arrive back to Miami on the Friday and our AA flight doesn't depart until 16:55. We have a friend who wants to meet us off the ship and spend the day with us, and we are not keen on having to be at the airport 3 hours before (i.e. before 2pm) to check in.

Also, we carry non-US passports - can we still use this BAGS program?

Also (again) - has anyone had a bad experience with the BAGS program (e.g. bags not arriving at final destination)?

Thanks!

Sorry, NOT for international flights.

Below are the rules for the BAGS program:

1. Your flight must be domestic within the United States, including Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii.

2. Your flight must depart on the same day as your ship's arrival at Miami.

3. You have to be flying on American, Continental, United, JetBlue, Northwest, AirTran or Delta Airlines. The registration form gave these symbols: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, NW and US (I was on USAIR and got the program).

4. Connecting flights must also be with one of the above participating airlines.

5. Your flight must depart after 11:30am from Miami or 2:00pm from Fort Lauderdale airports.

6. Maximum number of checked luggage allowed is two (2) pieces per person.

7. Your flight must depart no later than 11:59pm the same evening.

8. Valid photo ID is required (Passport or driver's license)

9. You agree the value of all the baggage noted does not exceed 100 dollars per enrolled guest and any liability of NCL for any cause whatsoever with respect to said baggage shall not exceed such sum and shall be subject to the applicable limitations set forth in the guest ticket contract

10. Sixteen dollars per applicable person is charged to onboard account.

The Bags program was great for me. I had nothing valuable in my luggage, I was solo, and in Fort Lauderdale I saw my luggage get on the plane which meant the guys at the pier did a great job! It was sweet to have my boarding passes delivered to my stateroom!

Coka

Coka

Archived