?Photographers on excursions

mgkdk

A few years back on the Radiance we went on a few excursions and got some real good photos of our group together.

Does any one know if RCCL (we're on the AOS) still does this? Would love to get some pics of the entire family on our cruise (kids 1st our 5th).

Thanks!!!

Personally, I can't recall ever seeing a ship photographer out on a shore excursion. I've seen them at private ports of call, like Labadee or Coco Cay, but that's about it.

A lot of attractions will have their own photographers (Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica comes to mind).

I would be surprised if the ship sent their own photographers out on much of any shore excursions because most of those excursions are run by outside contractors and not the cruise lines themselves.

I could certainly be completely wrong about all of that, but as a photographer myself, I tend to take note of where I see ship photographers out of habit :)

About 6 years ago, we (4 couples) went on the Radiance, and one of our excursions was on the Jolly Roger. I know there was a photographer there from the ship because he was wearing the RCL logo polo shirt.

It was the best picture of us all in that awesome blue/green water with the ship behind us. Still have it up in my house...love it.

The reason I'm asking is because the kids are going on the zip line excursiion in St. Maarten, and are not allowed to bring any cameras...would LOVE to have some pictures of them..so that's my reason for this thread.

Archived