Carnival Group Travel vs. 1A Solo Cabins

zgwortz

A friend of mine has put together a group using Carnival's group system, but when I went to go book my cabin, I discovered they don't appear to allow for 1A cabin rates for solo travellers. They effectively seem to want you to book at 190% of the double occupancy rate instead. Not sure what I want to do about this, but I found it annoying.

Anyone else run into this issue? Did you end up booking seperately from the group, or eat the higher cost to book with the group? If you booked separately, did you miss out on parties/other perks or get separated from the group at dinners and the like?

Some CC cruises have 1A cabins and some have them only a short period of time and then they are gone. Maybe Carnival only gives them so many to hold for booking with their group booking?

I went on one group cruise and found a roomie and matched up with someone who wanted either OV or balcony and that was good to me. I also went on my own with a group, but yes, you will miss all their activities. If you have special friends in the group, you can meet at the theater for shows at night or leave messages for each other on your cabin phones to hook up.

Archived