Aft Balcony cabins vs balcony cabins elsewhere

gdurha99

Can anybody tell me why the aft cabins(on the rear end of ship) are so highly recommended and rated? We booked our first balcony (aft-rear of ship) on the Victory for June 21,2009. Our pvp said these were the best cabins and had a great view. Anybody with pictures of Aft cabins on the Victory? I hope we will enjoy this experience. I've heard once you go balcony, you'll never go back to anything less. Is this true? Please let me hear from the people that have cruised in both OV and Bal. Thanks

I've been in both OV and aft balconies.

I love aft!! It's best to get one sandwiched between 2 decks of cabins...well, that's pretty much true of any cabin.

It's quiet back there. Plus, I love to watch the wake.

Once you have a balcony, you don't want to go OV....but I have! Nothing wrong with an OV, but it sure is nice to have a balcony!

We have had inside, OV and our last cruise was aft cabin (8270) on the Miracle. We have booked our next cruise on the Freedom and again we have an aft cabin (8450). We love the aft balcony and so will you.

What in the world is that darn plastic pad/sheet on the bed for I have seen it in many photos?:confused: can't for the life of me figure it out..is it for bedwetters or something..?

:D it's to put your luggage on while you unpack so you don't dirty up the comforter

What in the world is that darn plastic pad/sheet on the bed for I have seen it in many photos?:confused: can't for the life of me figure it out..is it for bedwetters or something..?

Thaat's to put your luggage on when you unpack. Keeps the bed clean.

The stewrd will put it up after you're done.

Charlie

Up side is the balcony is larger, you have a great view without all the wind while sailing at speed. Down side is you get trash from the Lido deck on occasion and soot overnight on all the surfaces.

Personally, we love them, but they are very few and hard to get unless you book early.

Up side is the balcony is larger, you have a great view without all the wind while sailing at speed. Down side is you get trash from the Lido deck on occasion and soot overnight on all the surfaces.

Personally, we love them, but they are very few and hard to get unless you book early.

DH & I loved ours,(our first) aft balcony, that is. But it's hot in the middle of the day. We got a little trash, no soot. BUT we got cigarette butts! :eek: One had melted the mesh in our lounge chair. We complained and Security came to our cabin to see the evidence and we didn't see anymore after that. I think they talked to the pax above us. I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to toss a lighted butt overboard in on a ship in the middle of the ocean! :mad: It was scary.

Luv's Crusin'

We took our first balcony cruise 9 years ago. Can't imagine ever returning to anything less.

As far as being aft, it's a weird, yet great feeling standing at the rail, and getting that panoramic view. But at the same time, it just seems TOO open. Found that out the last day of our cruise when it rained. And just a bit too sunny in the daytime. And LOUD when the ship is moving. I swear Niagara was quieter.

Glad I experienced it, but unless it's a cat 11 wrap, I'll stick with the side cabins.

I'll say right off that it's a matter of personal preference and what you are looking for. My reason's for loving an aft balcony are the same reasons Mr Pete doesn't choose them. I love the openness of the view, I love to see the wake streaming out behind me. I love the sound of the water churning below. My only complaint about an aft balcony was the idiots tossing lit cigarettes off the lido deck on the Destiny. From time to time they would blow onto the aft balcony cabins which is exactly why they post signs telling people not to do it.

On our last cruise, we were in the first cabin after aft on the Victory. These balconies are a little longer than standard ones. My friends next door had the nice wrap around balcony. While they had a fabulous view, I think I might be hesitant to book aft again. There was some vibration, which most of the time I could ignore, but one time the cabin was shaking so bad it felt like an earth quake. So many people ran out into the hall at that point to see what was going on.

Can anybody tell me why the aft cabins(on the rear end of ship) are so highly recommended and rated? We booked our first balcony (aft-rear of ship) on the Victory for June 21,2009. Our pvp said these were the best cabins and had a great view. Anybody with pictures of Aft cabins on the Victory? I hope we will enjoy this experience. I've heard once you go balcony, you'll never go back to anything less. Is this true? Please let me hear from the people that have cruised in both OV and Bal. Thanks

DH and I have our first kinda sorta aft (9A wrap on Triumph) coming up in Dec this year and are looking forward to it. We've been in a suite, normal balconies and OVs though, and I refuse to do OV again. :D They're nice enough for the price, but I do love my balconies! We went on the cheap for our 16 days on the Imagination last month, and booked 4A GTY cabins, and ended up with 2 porthole rooms, and a normal OV. No more Fantasy class for us, as the only way to get a balcony is a Cat 11 or 12. I need my balcony to have a nice, quiet place to have a pre-dinner drink, or curl up and read a book, or to enjoy my room service breakfast and coffee. :) Dang it, now I want to cruise NOW!

We had an aft balcony on our last cruise on the Conquest and loved it. Yes it is not as private as aregular balcony but we had a sail away party from every port on the trip and got to know a lot of the people in aft cabins. I would highly recommend it. Sadly we just booked a regular balcony gty. on our next cruise on the Miracle as there were only 2 aft cabins available and they were $1600 a piece and this trip is still almost a year away

It seems people either love or hate the aft cabins. While we've only had balconies for the past six years or so (yep, you can't go back after you've had one!), we personally did not care for the aft the one time we had one. We had horrible vibration, soot on the furniture and railing and did not care for passengers on the decks above us being able to look down on our balcony. It also did get REALLY hot out there in the afternoon. We love the privacy, mix of sun/shade, and quiet of side balconies. We do get the extended balconies, which offer a SLIGHTLY larger balcony.

We love the aft balconies, you get to see both sides at once and if you're lucky enough to be on a cuise that enters a river or something to dock it's really cool. Curacao comes to mind, it was beautiful seeing all the colored buildings on both sides. We have a aft this year for out Med cruise and when Carnival offered a upgrade to a suite we told them no, we do love the afts.

We booked an AFT balcony on our first cruise and absolutely fell head over heels in love with it, so we booked an AFT balcony for our next cruise, hopefully the love won't change :D

We have had inside, OV and our last cruise was aft cabin (8270) on the Miracle.

Hey we booked this room for our next sailing, do you have any pics?

Archived