AOS dress question

Hi, I'm going on a 7 nighter in May for my HM. I was wondering if on the Casual nights I could wear a pair of dress shorts that are past me Knees? They are too short to be cabri's (spelling ?) though. Also for the Smart Casual are the dresses to be between a sun-dress and a cocktail dress? Thanks!:)

I don't want to get into the "shorts" thing! But on Smart Casual night, a cocktail dress may be a bit too much--most folks dress just like casual, but stepped up a notch! Some men will wear jackets (some--not the majority!)

Maybe a dressier top than on casual evenings. I think you'll find that the women try and look pretty good on every night! At least, more so than the men!

I think anything past the knee would be considered a capri pant now a days. I think if you wear a nice top with nice shoes you may be ok. Lord knows I have seen far worse on casual nights. Sun dresses are more appropriate then cocktail dresses for smart casual, but something in between would be fine as well.

Archived