Hurricane Jeanne Damage?

jkloni

Does anyone know if Puerto Rico was damaged by any of the hurricanes? Especially Jeanne?

I've emailed several companies there over the last 3 or 4 days and have gotten no responses. One company in particular was prompt in responding in July.

We will be there in 3 weeks and was wondering how badly damaged San Juan was from Jeanne. And could it possibly alter plans because we are staying 2 nights post cruise.

Does anyone know if Puerto Rico was damaged by any of the hurricanes? Especially Jeanne?

I've emailed several companies there over the last 3 or 4 days and have gotten no responses. One company in particular was prompt in responding in July.

We will be there in 3 weeks and was wondering how badly damaged San Juan was from Jeanne. And could it possibly alter plans because we are staying 2 nights post cruise.

Will you be sailing on the Destiny?? I leave on 10/17 and can't find anyone on the Roll Calls.... Someone told me that Jeanne was just another TS to Puerto Rico. I think that she hadn't built up enough power when she went over them.

As far as I know evrything has gone back to normal. Everyone has power & water again. Most of the damage was caused by flooding and downed trees. If you were thinking of going to the rainforest you might want to find out if it has reopened. You might want to contact them before going. As far as other attractions they should all be opened. I am not an expert since I don't venture out of the Metropolitan area much, but everything has gone back to normal here.

Thanks for all of the information. We will be on the Empress of the Seas repositioning from NYC to San Juan 10/16 to/10/25. Have 2 post cruise nights booked from 10/25 to 10/27.

Booked an excursion with East Island Excursions for 10/26 in San Juan (who I was having trouble emailing). Got a response from them today that they have been having trouble with their server. But we have our reservations, so it's all good.

Just counting down the days to 10/'15 (pre-cruise night in Manhattan!)

Kathy

Archived