Is it common for Carnival to cancel shore excursions or am I just that unlucky?

bamn

I got an email yesterday that said Carnival had to cancel our snuba excursion due to. That was it no explanation, just a period. Does this happen often? This will be our first cruise, we leave in two weeks for 5 days on the Inspiration and I was worried about booking on my own since this is our first time. And in Grand Cayman we don’t really have a whole lot of time. We really don't know what we want to do it this point.:(

On our first cruise (Inspiration), they canceled our excursion in Belize. We signed up for the Biking in Belize tour. Supposed to be a bike ride and lunch thing, looked fun but apparently didnt look fun to anyone else because we were told we were the ONLY people to sign up for it therefore it was canceled.

I got an email yesterday that said Carnival had to cancel our snuba excursion due to. That was it no explanation, just a period. Does this happen often? This will be our first cruise, we leave in two weeks for 5 days on the Inspiration and I was worried about booking on my own since this is our first time. And in Grand Cayman we don’t really have a whole lot of time. We really don't know what we want to do it this point.:(

I have a feeling I am in the same boat. We sail b2b on April 13th on the Valor. I was checking our cruise documents on line, and it shows that the excurison we booked in Grand Cayman..Stingray City and Rum Runner Beach Party is no longer listed. It isn't listed on the regular Carnival Shore Excurison website. I get the feeling they are no longer offering it as an excursion. D**M! No email yet though. I will call Carnival tomorrow and find out what is what. I hate to figure out a new excursion for that port. We have 16 people in our party and that is 16 new bookings.

I have a feeling I am in the same boat. We sail b2b on April 13th on the Valor. I was checking our cruise documents on line, and it shows that the excurison we booked in Grand Cayman..Stingray City and Rum Runner Beach Party is no longer listed. It isn't listed on the regular Carnival Shore Excurison website. I get the feeling they are no longer offering it as an excursion. D**M! No email yet though. I will call Carnival tomorrow and find out what is what. I hate to figure out a new excursion for that port. We have 16 people in our party and that is 16 new bookings.

It could be that the excursion is full and they are not taking any more reservations.

Our clear kayak excursion in Nassau on our January 12 Carnival Glory cruise was cancelled just 2 days before it was supposed to occur. We had a letter shoved under our door telling us it was cancelled due to "operational difficulties" or something to that effect.

We went down to guest services and asked about it, they said the boat didn't pass inspection. So we assumed they transported passengers by boat to the kayak area. My husband was really disappointed as that was the excursion he was most looking forward to.

Carnival is not getting a lot of its excursion contracts renewed. Passion Island and the Fiesta Party Boat excursion were not renewed in Cozumel. If you want to go on them you have to book directly with the vendor. The good news is that it is cheaper.

Dave

Our last cruise was the first time we had excursions cancelled. The first was due to the fact that we did not get into port in time. Bad weather caused the ship to be late. These things happen and it just could not be helped. The same cruise they cancelled our excursion in St Thomas. We found out that the company was banned from St Thomas, as they were not paying fees to the island and had a seedy reputation. So carnival chose to stop doing business with them all together. I found this out as soon as we boarded the ship, as I went on the folio as soon as we got on to check all of the excursions we had booked prior to. I went down the the desk and got the information. We also got moved to a different time for another excursion, because the late time which we booked only had us two and the morning was not quite full. This was also no big deal we still had a great time.

We booked an excursion to Kennedy Space Center with transport to MCO from the Sensation on March 6 and was left a letter that it was canceled the last night of the cruise when we went back to our cabin to pack. Not great to hear since it was our only way to the airport. We were able to buy tickets for the ship to airport shuttle but since we had planned a late flight because of the trip to KSC, we waited around the airport all day for our 6:30 PM flight.

Carnival is not getting a lot of its excursion contracts renewed. Passion Island and the Fiesta Party Boat excursion were not renewed in Cozumel. If you want to go on them you have to book directly with the vendor. The good news is that it is cheaper.

Dave

Dave,

Do you know how to go about booking the Fiesta Party Boat? I tried doing a google search, but only came up with CC posts:p

I had an excursion to Harrison's Cave in Barbados booked for my May cruise. It apparently was cancelled as it wasn't on my reservation anymore and they refunded my credit card. But I didn't get any notice from Carnival. I would have expected at least an email. Is this their normal practice?

I had an excursion to Harrison's Cave in Barbados booked for my May cruise. It apparently was cancelled as it wasn't on my reservation anymore and they refunded my credit card. But I didn't get any notice from Carnival. I would have expected at least an email. Is this their normal practice?

Carnival notified me via email that an excursion I had booked in Jamaica had been cancled.

I had noticed a few days earlier that this excursion was not listed in my e-docs and was wondering why.

Dave,

Do you know how to go about booking the Fiesta Party Boat? I tried doing a google search, but only came up with CC posts:p

Someone mentioned contacting Senor Frogs in Cozumel. I would also send an email to Sherri at http://www.cozumelinsider.com and see if she could come up with any information. I will be in Cozumel on April 12th and will see if I can find out anything.

Dave

Archived