Rumrunner question?

cruise_pirate

Do they show up on x-ray? Not at the airport but embarking

on the ship? I have heard they are more strict during Spring

break. Anyone with info about this?

I don't know about Spring Break but when I used mine I carried my luggage on the ship and Security did X-ray the bags but they either didn't notice or didn't care as they didn't ask to open my bags and I had a large rumrunner filled in both suitcases I had.

I did use the smaller versions to bring booze with me to HMC and brought back the remainder in my backpack and the X-ray guy on the ship didn't notice it or didn't care there either.

I did use the smaller versions to bring booze with me to HMC and brought back the remainder in my backpack and the X-ray guy on the ship didn't notice it or didn't care there either.

I would think the smaller ones probably look no different than a tube on suntan lotion on an x-ray.

I have some of the 8oz ones. They are great to carry around during the day. They fit in the pockets in my shorts or swimsuit. I left the bigger ones in my room :D .

Has anyone had their Rumrunner flasks caught bringing them on?

I can not wait to try these out!:p

Thanks,

Lonnie

I received my rum runner flasks in the mail a few days ago and I too can not wait to use these on board our cruise. They seem pretty solid!

I received my rum runner flasks in the mail a few days ago and I too can not wait to use these on board our cruise. They seem pretty solid!

Just make sure you twist the cap on tight... It may feel like it's snugged down but try to give it about 1/4 additional turn.

It has a double seal and needs that last little twist!

Just make sure you twist the cap on tight... It may feel like it's snugged down but try to give it about 1/4 additional turn.

It has a double seal and needs that last little twist!

Good to know, thanks for the tip Host Mach!

This is the recipe I like to use:

1 1/2 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur

1 1/2 shots creme de cacao do not remember brand ( I am at work) cheap one though

1/2 shot vodka I use Sky

2 1/2 shots half-and-half

Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass.

To make is a German Chocolate Cake Martini, I do same as above but substitute vodka for coconut rum ( Malibu brand)

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds great...may have to try one tonight, you know, practice makes perfect!

p.s. Think I'll be ordering my flasks today also...was kinda worried about using them, but seems like no problems according to you guys! Besides, I can always use them for non-traveling functions!

Great thread, y'all!

Archived