Rumrunner question?

cruise_pirate

Was wondering if they are safe to pack in checked luggage on the plane trip. I have already purchased my rum runners and don't know whether I should fill them now or wait till I get to San Diego and fill them right before getting on the boat.

Was wondering if they are safe to pack in checked luggage on the plane trip. I have already purchased my rum runners and don't know whether I should fill them now or wait till I get to San Diego and fill them right before getting on the boat.

Don't know that sounds more tricky then putting one in your pocket and walking on the ship. We are lucky here being driving distance from most of the ports but, I do not know if I would chance it I think I would fill them once you are off the airplane.:cool:

Filled them in New York. Put them in the middle of my suitcase. Checked my bags at the airport. Stayed over night at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Got on the ship. Finally got my luggage a few hours later and unpacked. Not a drop was spilled. So fill it, pack it, and enjoy it!

Filled them in New York. Put them in the middle of my suitcase. Checked my bags at the airport. Stayed over night at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Got on the ship. Finally got my luggage a few hours later and unpacked. Not a drop was spilled. So fill it, pack it, and enjoy it!

Great news! I know they won't take it from me in the airport in checked luggage. Was more concerned about them surviving the temperature and altitude changes. Can't wait to start pouring.:p Oh, how full did you fill your flasks? I did a test run with water and noticed that if you tilt them at an angle, you can get considerably more than if it were standing straight up.

Great news! I know they won't take it from me in the airport in checked luggage. Was more concerned about them surviving the temperature and altitude changes. Can't wait to start pouring.:p Oh, how full did you fill your flasks? I did a test run with water and noticed that if you tilt them at an angle, you can get considerably more than if it were standing straight up.

I leave a little room in mine for the squish factor. They are remarkably durable. I dropped one and stepped on it accidentally and not a thing happened!

Great product!

I leave a little room in mine for the squish factor. They are remarkably durable. I dropped one and stepped on it accidentally and not a thing happened!

Great product!

Oh, thanks for the info. I'll make sure mine squish as well. Although...Could be enough for just oneeee more drink. HA :D

I love love love mine, took them on 2 cruises so far (one Princess and one RCI) No problems whatsoever. I have several medium sized ones that held different liquors that once shaken together make awesome chocoate martini's and I filled one large one with Jack for hubby's Jack and coke :)

Packed my shaker in my garment bag. My room steward eve got me martini glasses to use on my balcony.

This upcoming cruise I was thinking about bringing my magic bullet to create frozen concoctions. anyone do this with success?

I would like to utilize the fresh fruits to make some killer pina colada's or daiquiri's ;)

Just got back from the Victory where we used them for the first time to just bring a little something along to entertain with. Checked them in our luggage, and they, along with the 12 pack of diet Coke made it no problem to our room. Our Drink & Sink card was plenty used, but we wanted a little something for our room.

Be careful when pouring from them, do not squeeze them. I was at a folk festival and had the pocket size with me. I bought a fruit smoothie and was going to add some vodka to it, when I took the cap off I squeezed it and the vodka shot up in the air and came down all over my pants. It looked like I had wet my pants, DW got a good laugh out of it. The worst part was trying to wring out my pants into the glass.

Be careful when pouring from them, do not squeeze them. I was at a folk festival and had the pocket size with me. I bought a fruit smoothie and was going to add some vodka to it, when I took the cap off I squeezed it and the vodka shot up in the air and came down all over my pants. It looked like I had wet my pants, DW got a good laugh out of it. The worst part was trying to wring out my pants into the glass.

Lol (about the wringing ) not about the spilling

Archived