no cabin number for w813 cruise?

Hi everyone, first question-hope I have posted in the right area!

We haven't been allocated a cabin-but friends travelling with us have-should we be concerned? Kinda worried they won't let us on!!!

Thank you in advance

You can book a specific cabin or a guarantee.

If you have a guarantee booking, you may not be issued a cabin till close to departure date. This can also be good news if you get an upgrade.

Don't be concerned.

Thank you for your answer-how do I know if I have a guarantee booking? When we asked for a specific cabin number near our friends we were told it wasn't possible and they would need to do some re-shuffling. I'm confused!

We were told how ever we would get Caribe deck r above and not down graded-is this the guarantee you mean. sorry for being so vague!

Thank you for your answer-how do I know if I have a guarantee booking? When we asked for a specific cabin number near our friends we were told it wasn't possible and they would need to do some re-shuffling. I'm confused!

We were told how ever we would get Caribe deck r above and not down graded-is this the guarantee you mean. sorry for being so vague!

Hi cruisaway,

Welcome to CC

A guarantee cabin in when you pay a special price (usually cheap) and you are "guaranteed" a cabin on the ship, with no category stated.

If you have been told you have Caribe deck or above, then you have paid a Caribe category (inside or out) therefore they cannot downgrade you.

You dont say whether you have booked through a travel agent or P&O, if P&O ring them and ask, if tickets are being issued now, which they probably are, it may be too late to request a cabin number.

For the future, when you book, state which cabin you and your friends want, its not guaranteed you will get it, but its more than likely:)

Chez

xx

Thanks Chez,

We booked through P&O direct. My friends booked their cruise and requested a cabin number and when we booked 2 days later we were told we couldn't choose one. We received our tickets last week. I rang P&O prior to that but they said if it wasn't on our ticket, we would have to wait until we embark.

Not to long to wait until we find out I guess!

Thanks again

Jodie

Thanks Chez,

We booked through P&O direct. My friends booked their cruise and requested a cabin number and when we booked 2 days later we were told we couldn't choose one. We received our tickets last week. I rang P&O prior to that but they said if it wasn't on our ticket, we would have to wait until we embark.

Thanks again

Jodie

No worries Jodie, you might get a nice surprise with a good upgrade:p

Have you had a look on the cruise personaliser on the P&O website, you may have a cabin allocated to you on there by now??

Chez

xx

Thanks Chez,

Thanks again

Jodie

Check your cruise personaliser on the P & O website. In case you haven't done this I'll outline the steps (sorry to outline this if you already know how) -

Google P & O; select cruise personaliser; click on 'terms and conditions' at the bottom of the page; click on 'I accept' at the bottom of the next page. After entering your name, enter your booking reference number.

Hey presto, you can then have your details. Click on booking summary and you will see if you have a cabin allocated, and what dinner sitting you are currently on. If there is no cabin number, just check the personaliser regularly. Don't worry. There will be a cabin for you.:):):)

Hi cruiseaway not long till u go now ! As chez said have a sticky at your cruise personaliser im sure u can work it out ... When i went on p and o allocated cabin my cabin cganged 3 times i checked the cruise personaliser and when i got to the cabin i found that it was a different one again. The have a big sale on that cruise so i recon u will get lucky with an upgrade.Have a ball .. any cabin is a good cabin :confused: :D

Thanks so much everyone! Have been checking the personaliser-almost everyday. I'm sure we will be fine, we were just hoping to be near our friends, but I guess it's just to sleep anyway!

Will be sure to give a detailed review on our return, as this site has been so helpful to us, I'd like to return the favour.

Archived