and yet another tipping question - sorry

DH and I will be on Mariner of the seas in May. Is there anyway to just put the dining room, waiters, stewards, et con the sea pass? I would like to tip everyone else (bartenders, housekeeping, room service, etc) in cash. Can we do this? or is it one or the other? I would just like to keep any surprises to a minimum.

Also, if we opt to do cash, is the 15% automatically put onto a bar bill?

It's all or nothing, with the tips on SeaPass, but it does not include bartenders or room service. It's Dining Room staff and Cabin Attendant. Room service would normally be cash; bartenders are automatically tipped 15% of each bar purchase, but if you desire to tip additional, that could certainly be in cash.

DH and I will be on Mariner of the seas in May. Is there anyway to just put the dining room, waiters, stewards, et con the sea pass? I would like to tip everyone else (bartenders, housekeeping, room service, etc) in cash. Can we do this? or is it one or the other? I would just like to keep any surprises to a minimum.

Also, if we opt to do cash, is the 15% automatically put onto a bar bill?

Tips for the recommended people. Room Steward, Dining Room Waiter, Assistant Waiter and Head Waiter, can be put on you sea pass account, in the recommended amount, $9.75 per day, unless you are in a suite. A 15% gratuity is added to all bar bills and cannot be removed, although you can tip a good server extra, either in cash or add it to the bill, Room Service is normally tipped in cash when the service is rendered.

There should be no suprises, as you will receive a bill, just like a normal credit card slip, for anything that is charged to your seapass.

If you want to, your credit card company will accept "over payments", so that when you get your credit card bill, the charges you made will be offset by the "credit" on your account! (Of course, that really won't work if you carry a balance!)

Or, just start saving the cash now, and use it to tip at the end of the cruise! The folks on the ship actually prefer cash--no waiting on a paycheck, and they can send it straight home (which is what most of them do with their tips)

you can pay the grats for room attendant and wait staff on your sea pass card...others can be tipped in cash, but at the bars the tab will automatically show a 15% grat...so unless the drink or service was extra special there's no need to leave any additional

Archived