Navigator Review Mar. 10-15 Long!!

Where to start!? I left my home in Tampa with my friend around noon to go visit an old roommate of mine who lives in Melbourne. This cut the total drive in half as it is about 2 hours from Ft. Lauderdale. After a night of dinner and drinks with old friends, I left for the port and arrived around noon. We did the park and fly which was about $5 cheaper a day with AAA discount.

Embark: This was a breeze. The lines were real quick and the staff real friendly. We made it through the entire process in about half hour and were on the ship by 12:30. We me up with the other people in our group and went up to the windjammer for lunch. The food, as usual was a wide variety and good for a nice lunch. While we were eating, they announced that the rooms were ready around 1. After lunch we headed back to the rooms only to find the beds together. No problem, we had our room attendant separate them. We hung around and explored the ship while having a few drinks before the muster. We also continued this afterwards too. The first nights dinner was decent. I had the fillet of beef which suited my needs. The creaser salad was a hit every night.

Day 1 Sea Day: After a night at the club, we woke up rather early for the sea day. We ordered room service for breakfast and we were out by the pool at 11. The rest of the spring breakers showed up around 12, so we were able to get chairs no problem. After soaking up the sun for about 5 hours which lunch in between, we headed back to the room to get ready for the cocktail party. This took place in the royal promenade and consisted of free champaign (nasty) and a greeting from the captain. There was no music and with the formal pictures on the stairs next door, it became cramped around the area. Afterwards, we went to dinner. I had the talapia which was decent, but still not the best ive ever had. Afterwards we headed to the Dungeon where we stayed with out bartender who we met earlier that day named Sergio.

Day 2 Cozumel: This was by far the best port. We got off rather late and decided to explore on our own. We found some great souvenir deals in the dollar stores and just explored at our leisure. We went off the beaten path for lunch and went to this cafe. Turns out the people who go there are only the ship crews and the locals so it has to be good! It sure was! We had 3 appetizers, 4 main courses, and 2 drinks each (margaritas) for only $44 for 4 people.. What a deal! Not to mention the food was AMAZING! It was definitely authentic and cooked with more love than the mass produced stuff at the touristy places. After hitting the pharmacy we spent the rest of the time having a few drinks at Carlos and Charlie's. What a wild place! Kids 10 and up running around with beers!!! Wheres the parents!? Later that night we took it easy and we were in bed after a few drinks at a decent hour.

Day 3 Belize: Not much to write home about here. We didn't do an excursion, although i'm now regretting it. We spent the time having the local beer (Belikin) at the Wet Lizard. I didn't like the fact that it was American prices for everything, although the conch fritters were pretty damn good. Don't try to leave the port area or you will be swamped with people trying to get you do sign up for their over priced tour. We went back on the tender early for some nice ice skating in Studio B. Fun just to say you've done it. Went to dinner and back to the club after where we had wayy too many drinks; thanks to out new best friend/ bartender Sergio. Also had some great food at cafe promenade at 4am!

Day 4 Sea Day: Woke up a little later and was out on the deck around 1130. We found some chairs at the front of the shop and just relaxed. Really took it easy today as I was getting partied out now. We saw the farewell show , had a great last dinner, and went to the spring break party on the pool deck. This was lot of fun but we were just too partied out to participate for long.

Day 5 Debark: We were the last group to call so we hung out in the windjammer until we were kicked out then took a nap by the pool. The process was a nightmare and the lines were long.

My ratings: 5 is highest

Embark: 5/5 Real Easy!!

Debark: 1/5 Try to do express!!

Ship navigation: 3/5 easy to learn, but some areas are rather hard to find.

Ship cleanliness: 4/5 beautiful inside although the carpets are showing wear.

Stateroom cleanliness: 3/5 Carpets worn and at time a smell of sewage.

Stateroom attendant: 3/5 He did his job, just woke us every morning.

Cozumel: 5/5 Love this place!

Belize: 2/5 Not so much

Sea Days: 4/5 relaxing and not too hard to find a chair.

Food: 3/5 windjammer was usually good. Dining room was hit or miss depending on selection. You can always get anything you want!

Waiter: 5/5 Bogdan from Romania was a real nice guy and got to know us well! Our table mates were pleased too!

Rest of the crew: 5/5 never a problem here. They were all great and went out of their way!

Overall 4/5 Another fantastic vacation.

Thanks for reading. I will have pictures soon and please ask away!!!

Archived