All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I am a 43 year old school teacher.........and I LOVED the flowrider. I did not think it painful....it was kind of like going down a water slide, once you fell. On the first day, go to the desk right by the Flowrider. Sign your waiver. Then, each day you quickly go back and get a new wristband, letting the worker know that you have signed the waiver. It is very quick and easy......IF you go FIRST thing each morning. I think the best time to go is first thing in the morning.....as soon as it opens. The lines move very quickly at this time. Once all the teenagers wake up, the line is CRAZY! Also....more more bit of advice: If you are female, wear a t-shirt over your swim suit........you'll be able to see why, once a few teenagers in 2 piece suits go down.

Here is a link to show you that even "chicken first grade teachers" can do it!

Thanks for posting! I love your video. You did great! You give me hope that I can do it. I'm 44 and in good shape. I'm going to try and climb the rock wall also. Can't wait! :D

Thanks for posting! I love your video. You did great! You give me hope that I can do it. I'm 44 and in good shape. I'm going to try and climb the rock wall also. Can't wait! :D

I did the rock wall too! Even surprised myself by making to the top, and ringing the bell. HOWEVER..............the next day, under my arms was SOOOOOOOOO sore!

Have fun! Enjoy that flowrider! Try it on the first day, when everyone is still figuring it out. By the end of the cruise.........you'll feel like an expert!

I did the rock wall too! Even surprised myself by making to the top, and ringing the bell. HOWEVER..............the next day, under my arms was SOOOOOOOOO sore!

Have fun! Enjoy that flowrider! Try it on the first day, when everyone is still figuring it out. By the end of the cruise.........you'll feel like an expert!

See? That's your problem. You're not supposed to use your under arms. Use your hands! :p

Thanks for the tips! Did you use your arms or legs more when climbing the wall? I lift weights so maybe I won't be so sore, but if I am, no biggie. ;) I'm sure I'll be using muscles that I don't use at the gym.

Thanks for the tips! Did you use your arms or legs more when climbing the wall? I lift weights so maybe I won't be so sore, but if I am, no biggie. ;) I'm sure I'll be using muscles that I don't use at the gym.

You use your legs, mostly......but apparently, I used my upper arms too! It was fun.....and I'm glad I did it......but I think the flowrider was more fun!

Question about FOS for those of you who have sailed on her before. In the Solarium pool, does the water come up over the edge of the pool onto the inner deck as it does in many other cruise ship pools I've seen? So you can either sit on the deck and be cool in an inch or two of water, or sit on the side benches and wet your feet?

Question about FOS for those of you who have sailed on her before. In the Solarium pool, does the water come up over the edge of the pool onto the inner deck as it does in many other cruise ship pools I've seen? So you can either sit on the deck and be cool in an inch or two of water, or sit on the side benches and wet your feet?

Here is a picture of the Solarium pool ...

1swf-Solarium-Lo.jpg

Hi,

I had posted this on a separate thread, but in case all you other Freedom of the Seas fans didn't see it...

I made 2 videos of Freedom of the Seas leaving and returning to Port Canaveral. I recorded clips from 6 different webcams, and pieced them together into a time-lapsed video.

Leaving Port Canaveral:

Returning to Port Canaveral:

Enjoy!

- Ryan

It did in February when we were on her.

It did in February when we were on her.

What was the best part of being on FOS and worst. What do you wish you knew prior to going on?? Never been on a Royal and we will go in Aug.

Want to know as much as possible. Can you post a daily activity sheet??

What did you do for fun at their Island, other ports what is worth doing??

We are on Deck 3 any potential loud places we hope we are not near. Any info would be great!!!

What was the best part of being on FOS and worst. What do you wish you knew prior to going on?? Never been on a Royal and we will go in Aug.

Want to know as much as possible. Can you post a daily activity sheet??

What did you do for fun at their Island, other ports what is worth doing??

We are on Deck 3 any potential loud places we hope we are not near. Any info would be great!!!

Here is a link to my review ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30442

It is fairly long, but does respond to your questions.

Would it be smarter to buy your own snorkel gear if you plan on snorkeling on more than one island? Also, is it a hassel to carry around this gear on the islands? Can you take it back to the ship after you are done with snorkeling?

We are going on the East Carr. Route with Cococay, St. thomas, and St maarten.

Would it be smarter to buy your own snorkel gear if you plan on snorkeling on more than one island? Also, is it a hassel to carry around this gear on the islands? Can you take it back to the ship after you are done with snorkeling?

Yes, you can take the snorkel gear on the ship.

We purchased our own and brought it with us; however, we left the fins at home - they took up too much room in our suitcase (we overpacked!). Renting is doable, but you may come out ahead by buying your own gear. Plus, it's nice knowing that YOU are the only one using the gear - you'll never worry about how well a rented snorkel has been cleaned. ;)

Anyone just off of the eastern itinerary of the Freedom of the Seas? I was wondering what the menu might be for the 2 formal nights. Anything special? I have heard that lobster night is not on the formal nights.

We purchased our own equipment after our initial cruise. We cruise a lot and love to snorkel, so in the long run we save a lot of money. We also saw the "sanitizing" for the mouthpieces on our first cruise. This consisted of about 25 sets of snorkel gear getting dumped into a trash can full of supposed sanitizer that had spit, dirt, and debris floating around in it. Grossed me out!!!:eek: We found a really nice snorkel gear bag that will hold both sets of gear, sunglasses, sunscreen, money, ect.. Kind of looks like a mini backpack. Would definitely recommend purchasing your own.

I am in desperate need of the new cruise compass for the Freedom. I have the old ones prior to the ship moving, but I really need the new ones. I want to make reservations at Chops and I need to try and plan when I will need in room sitting so I can request this the first day on board. Can anyone post these or agree to post these when returning in the near future? I hate to beg but...ppppplllllleeeeaaaassseeeeee!!!!!:D