Summit's 2/05 Drydock Question

Michuck

Does anyone know where the Summit will be in drydock late January/early February? I heard that she's coming out on February 2, and we're sailing on the 3rd. Was wondering if she'll be close enough to make it to Ft. Lauderdale after drydocking to leave on the 3rd, or whether I should start getting prepared that there might be a change.

Thanks!!

BTW, this is our first cruise on Celebrity....we are sooooo excited!!

Michele

Does anyone know where the Summit will be in drydock late January/early February? I heard that she's coming out on February 2, and we're sailing on the 3rd. Was wondering if she'll be close enough to make it to Ft. Lauderdale after drydocking to leave on the 3rd, or whether I should start getting prepared that there might be a change.

Thanks!!

BTW, this is our first cruise on Celebrity....we are sooooo excited!!

Michele

Hi Michele !

While you can never be 100 % sure about anything that can go wrong during a drydock, the repairs and any upgrading are WELL planned in advance... and rarely, does the drydock go longer than planned. I surely wouldnt worry about it too much.

Look at the bright side. IF your cruise is changed or cancelled, Celebrity typically compensates very well, so either way, you should be fine.

I don't blame you for being excited about your first Celebrity Cruise. I have been on many, and you will be in for a GREAT time. I am sailing again on Summit in 2 months, and I have been on her a few times before. She is truly a wonderful ship, and the staff is awesome !

Regards,

Andy

The nice thing about being the first cruise after a dry dock is that there are no passengers to off-load, so even if they are late getting into port it's no big deal. Plus if they're coming from Norfolk no need for any customs proceedures, just load and go so to speak.

I imagine the problems with the proplusion system will be addressed, likely alot of carpet replacing and such, I would imagine alot of things behind the scenes that passengers really don't see will be addressed.

The only major change for passengers that I know about is the conversion of the reflections observation lounge/disco into "The Bar at the Edge of the Earth" for Cirque du Soleil. Not sure if the performers for that will be ready for your cruise, chances are Cirque will want a bit of time for them to get the new space prepared so you may get the new room without the experience. I suppose it all depends on how things go when the CdS concept is rolled out on Connie.

As for the nature of the renovation to the disco I would expect CdS to be doing what they normally do and keeping mum on the details. They usually retain 100% artistic control of their ventures and suceed in shocking the people sponsering them. Steve Wynn almost never ahead with "Mystere" when they finally performed the finished show for him and I'm sure everyone is a little shocked on how far they went with the cabarett show "Zumanity." Since the Mascarade Ball on Celebrity is scheduled from 10PM to 2AM I hope they really push the cruise-entertainment envelope; actually I hope they rip it up and stomp on it!

Does anyone know if they upgraded anything during Summit's Sept. drydock? I'm going on 1/7/05 just before the scheduled drydock. I was hoping to be the beneficiary of an upgrade of facilities - capeting, paint, sheets, furniture, whatever it may be.

It was posted here or one of the other boards this past summer.....can't remember exactly where, that the Constellation and Summit would be repainted to match the fleet at their next "scheduled" drydocks along with the Cirque renovations.

Connie is in drydock first from Oct. 25-Nov. 5 (I think), so if this is true, we should be seeing the new paint on her when the Nov. 6 cruisers board.

If you go to cruise addicts you can see some pics of Millinnium after she was repainted.

Take Care,

Jaime

The whole Cirque concept is still pretty fuzzy. Rumors are the cost to attend the ball will be $30 to keep the crowds down (the lounge is free on the remaining nights). Quoting the Celeb web site:

Every evening, in the top deck lounges of Constellation and Summit, guests are invited to pass through a mystical gateway and enter a world of wonder. A world bathed in luminescent light, pulsating sounds and mesmerizing visual effects. Specialty drinks and hors d’oeuvres found nowhere else add to this surreal atmosphere.

In this other-wordly setting, guests are introduced to the unearthly characters created exclusively for Celebrity.

There’s The Lantern Tuner, the bringer of light, inviting us on our unique odyssey. The Wave Correspondent, bearing bottles with mystical, poetic messages from the sea. Pez Erizo who, with a child’s innocence, wanders the ship, meeting and delighting all who cross his path.

And on one very special night, from 11PM-2AM, The Bar at the Edge of the Earthtm.gif plays host to a entrancing Masquerade Ball and world-class performers presented by Cirque du Soleil.

Archived