sofa bed made up each morning?

Vyhanek

Is it reasonable to expect the Cabin Steward to make up the sofabed each morning back into a sofa?

I ask this because I have taken many cruises on many cruise lines and only on Carnival have I encountered this situation. Last year I had a suite on the Fascination and I had to ask to have the sofa put back together. At the time I thought it was odd I even had to ask but then I walked down the halls peaking in at the rooms and none of the sofabeds had been converted back into a sofa after the Cabin Steward tidied up in the morning.

I thought maybe this was an issue maybe with our particular cabin steward.

So now I have booked another CCL cruise and I am reading reviews from other passengers and looking at their pictures. This woman who just cruised on the Valor in a lovely cabin had taken pictures of her cabin, the beds all made and the room all tidied but the sofabed was still made out into a bed in the middle of the day.

I know I can ask the Cabin Steward at the beginning of the week to make it up appropriately everyday but I am a bit shocked that I would have to even ask this. Is this normal?

We took our nephew on the Legend with us a couple weeks ago. The sofa was made into a bed for him upon arrival and stayed that way the entire cruise. This surprised me as I expected it to be made up into a couch during the day. But since we were rarely in the stateroom during the day (just the balcony) and he often took a pre-dinner nap, it wasn't of concern.

When it's been just the two of us, the sofa has remained a sofa throughout the cruise. (But we still never used it).

Is it reasonable to expect the Cabin Steward to make up the sofabed each morning back into a sofa?

I know I can ask the Cabin Steward at the beginning of the week to make it up appropriately everyday but I am a bit shocked that I would have to even ask this. Is this normal?

Different people have different perspectives on what is appropriate. I felt leaving the sofa made up as a bad was convenient for my daughter to lay down or take a nap throught the day. On the previous cruise we had a sofa and an upper bunk. She use the bunk at night, but during the day the bunk was made up for the day. This left her with no pillows or even a sheet to cover with without sleeping in our bed.

Our cruise last year on The Legend our son was with us & had the sofa bed. OUr steward did make it back to the sofa everyday. I too would have rather them just left it as a bed. The year before on The Fantasy with the over head bunk they hid it away during the day as well.

I guess the best thing to do is meet your cabin steward the first day & let them know what your preferance is.

Thanks for your responses. it sounds like it is an individual thing with each Cabin Steward. This makes me relieved because I wouldn't want to interfere with some CCL policy.

I like the bed made back into a sofa. Especially when I paid for a nice suite on the Fascination and it came with the lovely leather wrap around sofa. We wanted to enjoy the sofa with our friends with a glass of wine and I felt I was asking my Cabin Steward to go way out of his way to fold that back into a sofa each day. He kind of gave me a huff and I had to ask him several days in a row.

This cruise, we will have 4 people in a regular balcony room so I think we will have more room to move around the cabin if the bed is made back into a sofa. We aren't nappers in any way so we don't need a bed in the middle of the day. If my child needs to relax she an always lay down on the main bed I think.

thanks again for your responses.

Thanks for your responses. it sounds like it is an individual thing with each Cabin Steward. This makes me relieved because I wouldn't want to interfere with some CCL policy.

I like the bed made back into a sofa. Especially when I paid for a nice suite on the Fascination and it came with the lovely leather wrap around sofa. We wanted to enjoy the sofa with our friends with a glass of wine and I felt I was asking my Cabin Steward to go way out of his way to fold that back into a sofa each day. He kind of gave me a huff and I had to ask him several days in a row.

This cruise, we will have 4 people in a regular balcony room so I think we will have more room to move around the cabin if the bed is made back into a sofa. We aren't nappers in any way so we don't need a bed in the middle of the day. If my child needs to relax she an always lay down on the main bed I think.

thanks again for your responses.

We had four people in a regular balcony room last year on the Glory. Our upper bunk and sofa bed were left as beds the entire time. Even if the sofa bed had been put back to a sofa daily, we would have had the upper bunk above our heads, which would have been awkward. We used our balcony for relaxing with a glass of wine and never missed the sofa at all.

Archived