A few words about the Chase Suites in Tampa

MickeyG

We are booked to cruise out of Tampa the week of Christmas on Carnival's Miracle. We had originally planned to drive from Michigan. We booked a room at the Chase Suites in Tampa for the evening before our cruise. The person at the Chase Suites with whom I spoke, said we would be able to park our car at the hotel for the duration of our cruise at no charge. The hotel would also transport us to and from the docks at no charge.

As it turns out, we have decided to fly into Tampa two days before our cruise. After the cruise, we would be renting a car at the airport and driving to Orlando to do Disney for four days and driving back to Tampa for our flight home. My wife and I were concerned about how we could work out all of the logistic details. We called Chase Suites and told them about our change of plans.

I have to say that they were extremely accomodating and helpful. They will pick up our family of four with luggage from the airport and drive us to the hotel. They will also transport us to any restaurant within a 5 mile radius of their hotel for the duration of our stay. The hotel will transport us to the docks and pick us up on our return. From there, they will transport us to the airport so that we can pick up our rental car. All of which is included in the price of the room. We were so pleased that we booked a room at the Chase Suites for the evening before our return flight back home. Our cost will be $119 for our first night, $79 for the second night and $99 for our last night. A free breakfast for the family is also included in the price for each morning.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I came to learn about the Chase Suites from a family who has stayed there and cruised out of Tampa in the past. I have not stayed there myself. But the peace of mind knowing that everything will be taken care of with respect to getting us from point A to point B is well worth the cost of the room. My wife asked the person who helped her with the reservations how they could provide these services for their guests. The response was that in order to compete with the many hotels in the area they feel they need to offer something special for their guests. From what I understand, The CS is only 2 miles from the airport and a fairly short distance to the docks. And there are a ton of restaurants within the 5 mile radius of the hotel.

I hope this info helps anyone who may be looking at hotel options in Tampa.

Mick:)

Hi Mick:)

Thanks to your recommendation we booked a room with Chase Suites.

We will be there December 9th for our cruise on the Horizon. We need to park our car since we’re driving. This board is really great.

Can’t wait.:D

Hi Mick - glad to hear more good things about Chase Suites. Even though we're not driving a car, its nice to hear about a hotel that goes out of its way for guests. Thanks to your initial post about this place, I'm sure they ended up getting a bunch of reservations from us - goes to show what word of mouth can do. We'll be there in November - can't wait! :)

Cruisin*tigger.....happy to help out. Tampa is foriegn soil to our family so we have to go by word of mouth. Once we got the word about Chase Suites we spoke to several people at the hotel to double check all the arrangements. They seem to be genuinely happy to help their customers in any way possible. Please let us know how everything goes upon your return in November. Have a great cruise!!!

I am always skeptical of offers like this but other people have said good things about them too. Let us know how your experience is with them. If they are as good as they seem then I would go out of my way to book my next cruise out of Tampa so I could stay there too. Customer service like that deserves a following and new customers!!!

DH and DGS have used Chase Suites in Salt Lake City for the past two ski trips and plan to do so again in February. They have been very happy with them. Their service is very good and the breakfast enjoyable. If you plan on staying for more than one night, they have microwave, etc. and usually a pool and hot tub. He would recommend them highly. They stay for 7 nights and although they rent a car, the shuttle is available for taking to restaurants, etc. :)

Hi MickeyG

why not fly in tampa then when the criuse is over fly out of orlando why drive back to tampa you can return the car at orlando airport.we did it last year from chicago to fort lauderdale went on the cruise then went to orlando in the renter car,if you don't have your ticket yet you can tell the airline that you want to fly in tampa then or return home fly out of orlando

good luck.

We stayed there on our last cruise..pre and post. They were very nice and breakfast is excellent. There is a Bahama Breeze next door. They did not offer port transport when we stayed there and I am surprised about their offereing to let cars park there for a week. The buildings are divided into units with parking in front of each per se....not tremendous amounts of it.The only bad thing is you have to lug your luggage to your unit across the parking lots and if you are on a 2nd floor unit then lug it up the stairs. It is extremely clean!

djenkins....very good advice and I've heard about doing that from others. We purchased our tickets through priceline so everything is set. The next time we do another cruise, we will definatley do the Orlando retrun flight home. Thanks!!

Archived