Can we make an 11am flight after cruise?

I am getting ready to book our airfare and am wondering if we would be able to make an 11:00 flight out of Orlando after arriving at Port Canaveral?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you....Trish

if you are one of the first off the ship it could be possible...although its earlier than I would attempt to fly out...MCO is further from the port than most cruise terminals...I would wait until after noon to give yourself some breathing room

The Orlando airport is a good 45 - 55 minute ride from Pt. Canaveral. You would have to 1) self deboard, 2) hustle through Customs with no problems whatsoever (assuming they were all set up and ready to go), 3) assume no problems on the 528 West, 4) get to the Airport, 5) check in and.. here's the REAL ISSUE.. get through Security. Orlando has been terribly backed up lately. It can take 45+ minutes to get through the Security line (then take the monorail to your terminal).... Scared you enough yet? 11 am COULD be done if you can get off of the ship at 7:00 am and have a ride waiting. Otherwise, like the previous poster, I'd shoot for noon.

(PS - we live in Orlando and use the airport frequently :eek: )

Agree with Morgsmom...I would rather wait at the airport and take my time off the ship than worry the last few days of my cruise about whether I will make my flight or not. It's my personal opinion, but the last day is stressful enough without adding the additional airport pressure on.

We sailed Sovereign and were at MCO, through security and sitting @ boarding gate 9:30 am BUT we only had one rolling carry on each and did self debark with a driver to pick us up at port. Having done that, I would still be scared to do return flight so early. Traffic and airport security too much of an unknown.

returned 2/10 from Mariner. we had a 12:14 flight and we were at the airport by 9:30. there was a long, winding line inside the airport and so we did curb-side check in for a few $'s a bag it took all of about 4 minutes. (at least on our trip, getting off the ship, getting luggage and getting through customs was less than 10 min).

It's not a flight I would book... just to many things that "could" go wrong. If there is a delay in customs, your ride isn't there on time. or there is an accident on Beeline you could be sitting for hours.. just not the way I want to end my vacation..

Archived