For those of you who drive to the port...

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

(specifically Mobile)- where do you leave your car? Is there relatively safe parking nearby the ship? And is there a fee? Thanks.

The parking deck is right beside the ship. It was $12 a day in Mobile last Sept. It's a secured parking deck but I figure car can get stolen/broken in to anywhere.

We just have the neighbors drop us off. :p

I know, that was no help. There are several hotels and motels in Mobile that offer park & cruise packages - you drive in the day before (a looong day from Chicago, but doable), stay overnight, and leave your car at the motel as part of the package. Most include a shuttle to & from the port. The price ends up being hardly more than the $15/day they charge at the port. Try parksleepfly.com - although lately their Mobile section has been down, you can still see hotel names and call directly. Personally I do NOT reccomend the Radisson Admiral Semmes; other seem to have had a better experience than we did.

(specifically Mobile)- where do you leave your car? Is there relatively safe parking nearby the ship? And is there a fee? Thanks.

I parked at the main cruise terminal (and was VERY glad I did. Felt safe and didn't worry about my car while I was gone). I saw a few people parking their cars under I-10 which is right across the street from the terminal since its free. I asked the agent checking us in about it to which she replied "Sure, you can park there, as long as you won't mind coming back to a car with busted windows and sitting on 4 concrete blocks!''

I've heard of other people parking at hotels and taking a shuttle, but for me, unless the savings would be substantial, the hassle of waiting for a shuttle both ways, plus the extra distance to a remote parking wouldn't be worth it. When we got off the ship on the last day we were literally in our cars and driving away 15 minutes after we left our cabin!

I have done it all three ways

Parking at the pier $12 per day

Parked under the overpass on three occasions. It is where some of the employees park.

Parked at the Admiral Semmes twice.

For the person asking about New Orleans, it is $14 per day. The New Orleans terminal was based on Mobile's design.

Dave

just taking a few min, as I've been to visit mom down south. Getting that May 10th Roll call together. got 6 booked so far this year. Hubby is now w/airlines, so going for interline rates..ya-hoo..judi

I have done it all three ways

Parking at the pier $12 per day

Parked under the overpass on three occasions. It is where some of the employees park.

Parked at the Admiral Semmes twice.

For the person asking about New Orleans, it is $14 per day. The New Orleans terminal was based on Mobile's design.

Dave

thanks so much

I think the Admiral Semmes hotel will let you park there for $25 if you don't stay at the hotel the night before. I haven't heard great things about the hotel but I haven't heard any complaints about their parking lot.

How do you book that? I looked on the website and did not see that offer:confused:

How do you book that? I looked on the website and did not see that offer:confused:

you cant "book" it, as it is a city park lot,,but hotel sells the spaces..I go day b4, and get pass, show up early if it is a Mon departure..the townies get alot of spaces..if Sat dep, good pickens..You pay for it at the desk. If you do a B2B, you get both cruises for the same $25..I just dont mention it..never a prob for me. You still get the machine tik, just put both in dash window, show both when you leave after cruise. lucky

Shuttle is included..freeeee....Monday sails..the garage fills up with the worker in town..so i arv about 830..I gt my tik day b4. minutes to the port.. the pax in the pax frt seat can hv their ID, and tik handy, as the P Auth will ask for 1 ID..Hope you get Mr George, or Jeremy. take the # of the hotel, so u can call them to collect you. Sometimes they are there already. I tip both ways. Thayteria at the desk is a love...tell them all Ms Strickland says hello, and I'll see them May 10th. If you dont gt to Mobile till Mon, go get tik anyway.you can unload in frt also b4 pkng.then go park..Olivers in the hotel has a nice buffet, and menu too.. Bon Voyage..now??? who's "Lucky" ! ! !

The parking deck is right beside the ship. It was $12 a day in Mobile last Sept. It's a secured parking deck but I figure car can get stolen/broken in to anywhere.

Port Canaveral is now 15$ per day. May be there also... call or go on line to find out....

Shuttle is included..freeeee....Monday sails..the garage fills up with the worker in town..so i arv about 830..I gt my tik day b4. minutes to the port.. the pax in the pax frt seat can hv their ID, and tik handy, as the P Auth will ask for 1 ID..Hope you get Mr George, or Jeremy. take the # of the hotel, so u can call them to collect you. Sometimes they are there already. I tip both ways. Thayteria at the desk is a love...tell them all Ms Strickland says hello, and I'll see them May 10th. If you dont gt to Mobile till Mon, go get tik anyway.you can unload in frt also b4 pkng.then go park..Olivers in the hotel has a nice buffet, and menu too.. Bon Voyage..now??? who's "Lucky" ! ! !

Thanks for the help!!

Lonnie

rent a car from a place that will give you a ride to the pier for a small fee or free. then cab it back to the rental place to pick up a new one on your return. you need to be creative when calling for a place that will be open.

Thought of that too. Checked rental prices and it would cost more than the parking. I am only 80 miles to the port but not sure if it is worth leaving at the butt crack of dawn to get a parking ticket at the hotel but then again it would save 50 bucks...;)

Thanks!

Lonnie

Archived