Sensation questions!

davethomasowns

Hello everybody!

I tried using the search function but it's still saying "Search is temporarily down." I just have a couple questions.

- Was Sensation already "Rennovated" or is that later in the year?

- More importantly, does anybody have any pictures of the interior cabins. I am just curious what they look like.

- Do all of the interior rooms have beds that can turn into a queen? I will probably just do an Interior Guarantee, and I want to make sure I don't get bunks or anything. I want to be in the same bed as my girlfriend obviously.

Thanks so much for the help!

Shane Arsenault

Category IS includes 4a or higher....not 1a [bunks]. While the vast majority of twin beds "convert", please be aware a few don't. "Evolutions of Fun"--the update to the pool area--hasn't been completed

Thanks for the information. I guess I will just hope to God that the beds connect.

Anybody have any pictures of one of the interior rooms? It's gonna suck going from our extended balcony on the Miracle to this, but it will have to do.

Thanks

Shane A.

Thanks for the information. I guess I will just hope to God that the beds connect.

Anybody have any pictures of one of the interior rooms? It's gonna suck going from our extended balcony on the Miracle to this, but it will have to do.

Thanks

Shane A.

You know the Sensation was my first cruise...my hub and I loved it; just experience it for what it is...also, I heard that they will automatically put beds together for people with same name (married) but you may be able to request ahead of time so you don't have to deal with when you get on board through your TA or Carnival

So sensation does not have the room upgrades that other ships are getting?

Also, did anybody notice if the rooms had AV inputs on the front of the TVs. I can't really tell on your OV pic Krystal.

Thanks again!

Shane Arsenault

On Sensation, only the suites have been redone, as of last May. I assume the rest of the cabins will be done during her next drydock.

Could anyone tell me if the 1A catagory would be acceptable for my teenage daughters (16&18) of would they be miserable? Are 1A catagory rooms much smaller than the 4A?

I'm so appreciative of any info you could give me!

No, they aren't that much smaller, only about 20-30 square feet. Only one bed is on the floor though, the other is a bunk above the lower bed. Everything else is the same as a regular interior room.

I just got off the Sensation the first of the month...some renovations were done...mini golf was up, atrium bar was in...OV cabins were not renovated at all. So, some things are done, others not... I'm sorry, but I can't remember about your AV input...I want to say I *think* so, but I'm not 100%

Funny how you said you were going from the extended balc on the Miracle to this...we went from the cat 11 wrap on the Miracle right to the Sensation. It was for sure different, but definitely gets you out of your cabin! Have a great time!!!!

We were on Sensation in August. Can't say it was favorite ship of all time (the passengers were just out of control, it was that time of year)

We stayed in the Cat 12 though so that won't help you. But I do have many, many pictures of the ship if you would like to see them. I'll post a few here, let me know if you want more.

IMG_1181-1.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1163-1.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

We will be on the Sensation on the 30th, we are really looking forward to our trip. We have never sailed on the larger ships, always the Fantasy class and always enjoyed ourselves before the upgrades to them. We recently sailed the Imagination and absolutely loved the upgrades and were a little disappointed the Sensation doesnt have them yet, but I am sill looking forward to this cruise, Carnival has yet to disappoint us!

Thanks for the pictures! Purple is both of ours' favorite color so we should feel right at home. :cool:

I got my room assignment, Category 4D interior in the very, and I mean very, front of the ship. I was hoping I would get some huge upgrade, but you get what you pay for! I am happy to just be on the boat.

Thanks again,

Shane

• 4 weeks later...

I have read this ship is slated for more reburb but I have not been able to confirm when and what will be done. I have posted on a few threads and will keep on posting until someone with the info posts. ;) I am more so interested if the fun evolutions or is it called the evolutions of fun is goingt to be done on this ship as the other Fantasy Class ships are being done, and of course, when that will be done.

Archived