Statue of liberty - must see

I really appreciate all of the ideas. We will be flying into LaGuardia and then a cab to our hotel. As we want to stay near times square, any suggestions. We also though a formal bus tour may be a good way to start and get a sense of the City as we do have limited time? I see there is a double decker bus option? Any comments on that style of bus tour?

I see Broadway show tickets are limited already as mentioned, I have even checked a famous online site to see if any tickets are on sale....We want to get a little taste of NY before we come back and spend more time. We thought chorus line would be a more traditional show to see in NY?

Is times square close to Central Park? Sorry for the obvious questions to those who have been there.....

Griswalds

The actual Times Square is on 42nd street, though this whole area stretches for some blocks to the north.

Central Park starts at 59th street and stretches north up to 110th street.

So the southern entry of Central Park is in good walking distance from Times Square, but of course Central Park is huge.

I think staying in the Times Square area is a good idea. I like to stay there when I´m in NYC as well. It´s right in the middle of everything and in easy walking distance to many attractions like Rockefeller Center, EMpire State Building, 5th Avenue, Central Park, Radio City Music Hall, MAdison Square Garden, all the Theaters..........

And for the attractions further off there´s the subway with many lines connecting at Times Square.

I know there´s the Greyline HOHO busses but I never took them. So I can´t comment on that one. But the traffic in NYC can be horrid and those busses will be stuck in it as well.

Absolutely do the Staten Island Ferry. I recommend it to everyone (even those that live here). Great views of the SOL and if you time it right the sun goes down behind her. turn around and take the ferry back and you have the manhattan skyline at night.

It don't get any better than that and its FREE!

Thanks for confirming it´s still free and that it´s a great trip.

Archived