Adventure Ocean Evening Time?

kellyco

Does anyone not bother packing formal wear for your kids and instead plan on signing them up at Adventure Ocean that night for kids dinner? Thanks!

I wish...but I have 2 little girls that live to dress up. So it's best time to get family portraits done. :)

I wish...but I have 2 little girls that live to dress up. So it's best time to get family portraits done. :)

I'm jealous (about the "living to dress up" part)!! I live with a DH and 2 DSs... and even our pet turtle is male. No fun "dressing up" at all!

Does anyone not bother packing formal wear for your kids and instead plan on signing them up at Adventure Ocean that night for kids dinner? Thanks!

Yep, that's what we did. On Serenade they had 3 nights when the kids could eat at the Seaview Cafe with the AO staff. Two of the nights were the formal nights plus one other night. We skipped the formal clothes for all 4 of us and on the formal nights my kids went to the AO dinner and my husband and I ate at Chops and Portofino.

Having said that, the dress code isn't really anything to stress about. There were lots of people not dressed up (saw adults in jeans and shorts in the dining room during non-formal nights). You could bring your kids in khakis and polos on formal night and they would not look out of place.

Yep, that's what we did. On Serenade they had 3 nights when the kids could eat at the Seaview Cafe with the AO staff. Two of the nights were the formal nights plus one other night. We skipped the formal clothes for all 4 of us and on the formal nights my kids went to the AO dinner and my husband and I ate at Chops and Portofino.

Having said that, the dress code isn't really anything to stress about. There were lots of people not dressed up (saw adults in jeans and shorts in the dining room during non-formal nights). You could bring your kids in khakis and polos on formal night and they would not look out of place.

I just wanted to point out though that the dress code in Chops/Portofino is actually more formal than the dining room. So you can't really avoid formal night by going there. You can avoid formal night by going to the Windjammer. :)

I just wanted to point out though that the dress code in Chops/Portofino is actually more formal than the dining room. So you can't really avoid formal night by going there. You can avoid formal night by going to the Windjammer. :)

On our cruise compass the dress code for Chops/Portofino was the same every night, "Smart Casual" or similar wording. My husband wore khaki's and a button down shirt and I wore a dressy capris with a sparkly top at one and a nice sundress at the other and we fit in fine even on formal night. There were some people in formal wear, but I would say less than half.

The food at both was GREAT, but we especially enjoyed the quiet, slower-paced atmosphere.

Lisa

Michele, the dress code for Chops/Portofino is always smart casual (a little nicer than casual, but definitely not formal).

On our cruise compass the dress code for Chops/Portofino was the same every night, "Smart Casual" or similar wording. My husband wore khaki's and a button down shirt and I wore a dressy capris with a sparkly top at one and a nice sundress at the other and we fit in fine even on formal night. There were some people in formal wear, but I would say less than half.

The food at both was GREAT, but we especially enjoyed the quiet, slower-paced atmosphere.

Lisa

Michele, the dress code for Chops/Portofino is always smart casual (a little nicer than casual, but definitely not formal).

Wow! Thanks ladies! I didn't think to look at the compass. Everyone was dressed up on Formal night in Portofino on Freedom.

Learned something new :D

Sorry Lisa

Archived