7feet 2inches Tall. Our Friend Can He Cruise?

MikePowers

A very dear couple and friends of ours are wondering if there is any popular cruise line where her husband who is 7 feet 2 inches call could enjoy a cruise without banging his head through out a ship. They also have concerns about the height of a cabin as well as the shower and toilet area. Does anyone have any suggestions and cruise lines for them to consider?

Sorry, there are no lines that specifically accommodate someone that tall. I've not seen any cabins with high ceilings with the exception of the PH suite on Celebrity. The showers will be a very big problem as will the beds. The public rooms won't be a problem, but the cabins will probably be uncomfortable.

My DH is 6'5" and we have to book a suite (or above) so that he can actaully get around in the bathroom. He'd okay with doorways, but it is incredibly cramped in the regular cabins for him. The beds are also short and he has actually had to sleep with his feet over the end of the bed. The doors are pretty much standard seven feet tall, but there are some that are shorter.

That being said, I don't know if cruising would be a comfortable fit for your friend. Maybe a three day crusie to try it out, but I would definitely have him connect with a local TA to ask some hard and fast questions before leaving.

Charlie

We met a fellow on a cruise who was very tall and he said that they provided him with a 'bed extension' and it worked out very well. Depending on which cruise line and ship they select he can possibly go to the spa area and use the shower there. They are much larger than those in a standard cabin, should have no problem with that.

He'll definitely feel crowded in the showers. As was suggested on the other thread in the Princess forum, he may try the gym showers. I haven't looked at them myself, but others have said they are bigger. I'm 6'5 and there isn't more than a few more inches of headroom in the regular shower for me. The ceilings in the cabin and the rest of the ship will be fine. The doors he'll likely have to watch his head, and his feet will hang off the bed unless he sleeps in the fetal position, but that is stuff he'd be used to in everyday life already. No other reason to think he won't enjoy the cruise as much as anyone else though.

Archived