Having A Hard Time

bencruzN

I'm having a heck of a time finding a reasonable tic from LV to San Juan. They are now back up to $500, eeek! Last week they were $400 and I thought it would go down from there. I can't get really excited about my cruise unitl I know I have a ticket. This is CRAAAZEEE!

We all need to know dates before we can help. But $400.00 RT from LAS to SJU was probably a pretty good fare. Airline prices are NOT going to be as cheap this year as they have been in the past.

Let us know what dates you need. Would you be willing to drive to LA or Phoenix if it was considerably cheaper? And would you be willing to take two airlines if that was the cheapest way? Before any of us can offer suggestions, we need to know something about your trip.

There really is not a lot out there less than $500.00. You are flying during Valentine's Day and Presdent's Week vacation period. I really doubt you will see much cheaper. I know my freight rates for those weeks NEVER go down.

There are two alternatives that I found, although neither is ideal. This itinerary has a 6 hr overnight layover at JFK. Priced at $418.

Outbound:

Flight: 447 Aircraft: Boeing 757 (Jet)

Departing: 2/5 at 3:50P Las Vegas McCarran Intl Apt (LAS)

Arriving: 2/5 at 11:38P New York J F Kennedy Intl Apt (JFK)

Flight: 333 Aircraft: Boeing 757 (Jet)

Departing: 2/6 at 6:45A New York J F Kennedy Intl Apt (JFK)

Arriving: 2/6 at 11:26A San Juan Luis Munoz Marin Intl Apt (SJU)

Return:

Flight: 333 Aircraft: Boeing 757 (Jet)

Departing: 2/15 at 12:34P San Juan Luis Munoz Marin Intl Apt (SJU)

Arriving: 2/15 at 3:30P New York J F Kennedy Intl Apt (JFK)

Flight: 2061 Aircraft: Not Avaliable

Departing: 2/15 at 8:50P New York J F Kennedy Intl Apt (JFK)

Arriving: 2/15 at 11:25P Las Vegas McCarran Intl Apt (LAS)

This can be booked through Orbitz. And it's all on Delta. Although if you go to Delta.com, it prices out at $515.00.

The other alternative is book a cheap flight to JFK. And then take one of American's non-stops to SJU. JFK to SJU on American-$230.00. Should be able to get a nonstop to JFK for around $200.00. Song (Delta's low fare carrier) flies direct to JFK for $195.00. Forget America West-out of sight on NY prices and Southwest flies to Islip, which is about 45 miles from JFK. American has some flights out of LAS to NY, but most of them go through DFW. And they are usually not very cheap. You will have to recheck luggage if you use two airlines.

You are now down to the age old equation-time vs money!!! Is is worth it to you to sit at JFK for 6 hours? At least the bars are open late. LOL

If you need any more help, email.

Greatam:

Thanks for all your help. We currently have a free tic from Southwest (just received). So we could fly to maybe Orlando or Ft. Laud on SWA, and take a flight from there to SJU. This would probably work out better for us cost and time wise. I appreciate your help. I'm still not sure if we have to re-claim our luggage from SWA, and re check with the other airline. Do you know how that works?

Archived