Carnival Miracle with kids? First timer!

cmrules

Help! I am driving myself crazy trying to decide what cruise to go on. I think I have finally settled on the June 2 sailing of the Carnival Miracle. I have 2 kids DS7 and DD10. We are not party people we just want to take a nice family vacation and would like to take a cruise. I am reading great things about Camp Carnival for the kids so that makes me feel a little better, but is there anything else that I should be thinking about? Is this too much of a party cruise or has Carnival really changed their image? I am so type A and am driving myself nuts! TA was pushing RCCL, when we thought we were going in November, but our choices are limited because I want to go out of NY or Baltimore or someplace I can drive to instead of flying to FL. I'm so confused:confused:

Hi! Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We took our first ever cruise with Carnival, simply because our youngest was 25 months old at the time, and Carnival was the only line that allowed 2 year olds in camp and changed diapers. We had such a great experience, we keep going back!

We cruised on the Miracle out of Tampa and we had a great time. We've cruised out of NYC (our "home" port) and that was an amazing experience! IMHO, you won't go wrong with choosing Carnival OR the Miracle.

Happy planning!

We've been on Carnival during spring break, twice. It's not as bad as you'd think about the partying people. You have to be over a certain age (24 I think?) to even book a cruise (except under certain circumstances such as marriage), so that takes away from a lot of college kids going. You and your family should have a blast! Great kids program on Carnival. Happy cruising!

We were very worried when we booked our first cruise with Carnival in 1995. My DH and I are definately not Party People --- but wanted a cruiseline that could accomodate our son (he is a special needs adult - with the development of a 2 year old --- along with this comes all of the ups and downs that you would have with a normal 2 year old).

We tried Carnival and fell in love. They accomodated our needs the best that they could. The ships are not that full that you can't find a spot that suits your needs --- and when you feel like participating --- or just people watching --- then that option is also available.

We are sailing on the Miracle for the 1st time on May 1 -- so will let you know how it goes... This year, it will be DH (birthday will be on board), DS (30th birthday will be on board), my sister, her 17 month old daughter and of course myself.

I am so excited --- I just can't wait.

The other big plus ---- New York is only a 14+ hour drive. Much better then Miami which is so much further (DS can't fly).

You'll have a wonderful time.

Tracey

We sailed Carnival Miracle last May and loved driving to ny for a cruise. We will sail her again this June, 81 days... be still my heart. Anyway, we sailed Liberty last winter and two of our grandaughters went to Camp Carnival. They liked the program so much we had to beg them to have dinner with us. They were 8 and 13 at the time and made friends with people from many other states. To us Carnival ships have an energy that many other lines do not. They really are "fun" ships.

I say join us on the Miracle on June 2 (see my siggy!):D

My kids just LOVE Camp Carnival and always have. My DD's (ages 5 and 3) beg to go and I have to drag them out of there kicking and screaming:eek:. My DS's (who are now 17 and 16) were your DS's ages when they went to Camp Carnival a few years ago and they absolutely LOVED it too.

I have never been on another cruise line (I hope to someday), but for right now Carnival meets all of my family's needs...

Above all, the Miracle looks and sounds like a wonderful ship (from everything I have researched on Cruise Critic of course!) and we cannot wait to sail on her:)

We sailed this same itinerary on Carnival Legend (Miracle's sister ship) two years ago with our three sons, then ages 15, 10 and 6. We're not party people either, and we've always been happy with our Carnival cruises - we've done 7 and have 2 more booked. I think what I like about Carnival is that there's something for everyone.

This particular cruise has a lot of sea days - 2 1/2 days down to the Caribbean and 2 1/2 days back - and Camp Carnival always had good activities scheduled for the kids. In port, we walked around Old San Juan in Puerto Rico - Fort San Cristobal is a short walk from the pier. In St. Thomas, we did an island tour and went to Coral World (next to Coki Beach) - the kids had a good time at Coral World. In Tortola, we took Carnival's "Virgin Islands Sailaway" excursion - it's a catamaran ride with snorkeling and beach time.

Archived