Atlantis Baltic cruise...DenRus or Red October or Alla?

bhumd

Getting excited about this cruise. Just trying to figure out which tour company to go with when the ship docks in St Petersberg. Sent an email to Red October and didn't really get an adequate response regarding information about their tours. Felt like I was getting a brush off answer. Any comments or feedback regarding these Russian tour companies would be appreciated. Ben

Wondering the same thing. I am thinking of going with Denrus. I like their website and the itinarary and they receive good reviews on this forum. My only concern is that when you take a tour with a non-ship company the ship will not wait for you if you are late! Having said that, Denrus are doing these tours all the time so I suspect that they are experts at knowing when to get you back to the ship.

I'm leaning toward Denrus as well...they have a complete 2 day St Petersberg package for $295 with a max of 30 people in the group. Makes it easy so you don't have to find other people to go in your group.

All three are excellent tour operators. A bunch of us used Alla on Atlantis 2007 Baltic - and were thrilled with the product, service, and incredible attention to detail. She is wildly customer service and customer satisfaction focused. She is also the "newer" game in town in relation to DenRus and Red October. I'm really glad I used her company.

We used Red October and couldn't have been more pleased. Our guide for the 2 days, Kathleen, was very personable and very knowledgeable. Probably the best guide we have ever had.

It seems like you can't go wrong with any of them.

• 5 weeks later...

They are all good companies. We used Red October for the two of us and could not have been happier. They got us to the head of all lines at every stop, tailored everything to our needs and if you add it up, it winds up costing less than if you try to see all the same things with ships tours.

Archived