Carnival profit drops 17%

jerseycruzer

What do you make of the fact that until Feb. of 2008 Carnival added the fuel supplement to the "federal taxes/fees" line of the invoice and then added a line for "fuel supplement"?

OK... I'll responde now since you pressed. And again, this is based on verifiyable data, providing your TA will disclose it.

Carnival never added the fuel supplement to the "federal taxes/fees" line of the invoice

My TA is a friend so she shares with me her invoice she receives from Carnival.

A Carnival invoice makes no mention or line item regarding Fuel supplement. Probably because they never charged this until recently. This doesn't negate the years of disclosure regarding a possible fuel surcharge.

Carnival invoice line items include:

Cruise Fare

NonCommision fare

Add-On Amount

Credit/Coupon

Vac Prot

Tour Package

Prepaid Gratuities

Transfers

Administration Fees

Diviation fees

Airport Fees

Federal Taxes/Fees

I'm not dure what else to say. I have a lot of verifyable info that others have not disputed... or have not been able to be disputed.

I stand by my postings.

OK... I'll responde now since you pressed. And again, this is based on verifiyable data, providing your TA will disclose it.

Carnival never added the fuel supplement to the "federal taxes/fees" line of the invoice

My TA is a friend so she shares with me her invoice she receives from Carnival.

A Carnival invoice makes no mention or line item regarding Fuel supplement. Probably because they never charged this until recently. This doesn't negate the years of disclosure regarding a possible fuel surcharge.

Carnival invoice line items include:

Cruise Fare

NonCommision fare

Add-On Amount

Credit/Coupon

Vac Prot

Tour Package

Prepaid Gratuities

Transfers

Administration Fees

Diviation fees

Airport Fees

Federal Taxes/Fees

I'm not dure what else to say. I have a lot of verifyable info that others have not disputed... or have not been able to be disputed.

I stand by my postings.

You might need a better TA, since I have multiple invoices that clearly show your friend is wrong. When I get home from work tonight, I will scan two in, one without and with the new fuel charge line.

Ok...this is not to debate the "right or wrong". This is just my personal experience that happened this week.

The first statement I got for our Freedom cruise in November had the $80.00 (it is an 8 day cruise) in a separate line marked Fuel Supplement under the Federal Taxes/Fees line. I got this invoice the end of Feb.

YESTERDAY, I got a new invoice from Carnival.

There was no "fuel supplement" line any longer.

At first I thought they had taken it off like RCCL.

However, upon further inspection, I realized that Carnival simply added the $80.00 to the Federal Taxes/ Fees line.

I just scanned in some carnival invoices for someone at work - they 100% have the fuel charge line in them.

Sounds like Carnival is being their usual "consistant" self....:D

I'll be on that cruise too...along with my wife and family members. First time on Carnival for me.... :)

Hey Submariner,

There's a rollcall board for our cruise sailing. You could go there and introduce yourself and get some tips :p

Its at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=522994

We are first time cruisers, and it seems this ship is going to be LOT of fun !!:D

This morning on the CNBC they said the bookings for 2008 have surpassed bookings at this time in 2007.

I'm betting alot of people booked early in hopes of getting in before any huge price jumps. It will be interesting to see if the lines see an increase in cancellations with so many early bookings. If I had an idea of our schedules for next years I'd book mine now too :)

If cruiseline stock is anything like Airline stock..well, it can be manipulated when necessary. When it is time for managment bonuses, the stock goes up (so they get bigger bonuses).. when it is time for labor contracts, the stock goes down. Unless it is something widespread, and affecting all cruiselines, I dont pay it too much attention. Like someone mentioned, the new ships, costs, etc.

If cruiseline stock is anything like Airline stock..well, it can be manipulated when necessary.

Conspriacy... Hmmmm....

I'm pretty sure the Top-10 Institutional holders and Mutual Fund holders of CCL Stock, representing 59% of outstanding shares, would not agree with you.

And I'm also pretty sure the NY Stock Exchange and SEC would not agree with you either.

Before I scan the invoices, I want to make sure that won't break any board rules. Anyone?

Jason, I don't think it would go against any of the board guidelines, but you really don't need to do it.

I'm going to join LHP in backing you up with the proof that some of our invoices are identical in nature to yours.

I'm holding in my hand right now a Carnival Liberty invoice (from '07) that has a line clearly labeled 'Fuel Supplement'. I'm also holding one for the Carnival Destiny sailing I booked a few days ago, and the fuel supplement charges are added to the 'Federal Taxes/Fees' line. On that one there is no itemized fuel supplement. It all depends on when you book a sailing, and when they print the paperwork. They are doing everything possible to save face, and I don't envy anyone in that postion who is given that task.

Venture: you are a great addition to this forum, and some of your input had greatly helped me in the past (and I hope will continue to assist me in the future), but some of your recent statements on this subject, as well as those of the 'friend', are complete bovine poop.

Archived