Buck Island Sailing and Snorkel Tour???

ficserv01

We went on the Dublouns (sp) it was a fun sailing ship. The snorkeling was ok. The reef was good and there were a fair amount of fish. I think the water was just rough the day we were there (meaning churned up, not hard to swim). Don't get me wrong there weren't a lot of waves or anything just seemed like the water was churned up so visibility was down. Or it could be I'm comparing it to Grand Cayman which is closer to a swimming pool. Honestly though I'm not sure if it was the conditions or if the water isn't as clear. We had the same problem in Barbados, although there I'm almost positive it was the water conditions that day as it was overcast which can make all the difference in the world.

Deb

• 2 months later...

Yes, I went on the Buck Island sail and snorkle, the one with only 6 passengers. What a blast. The sail was fantastic and the snorkeling as well, but the fact that it was such a small group was the best thing of all. I would highly recommend this over the Doubloon boat, which carries ALOT of people.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the excursion in 2001 aboard the "Love Knot". Had a blast. There were 4 of us and another couple. We had never sailed before so it was an experience. Can't answer about the snorkeling. We hadn't snorkeled before either and ended up drinking more of the ocean than we would have liked so a few of us just stayed on the boat and drank.;)

We anchored in 18' of crystal clear water.

Cathy

This tour takes you to Buck Island... You are tucked up in a cove that is well protected. Calm water and lots of sea life. Check it out, it is definately the best tour I ever did....

Last year. we did the one on the Doubloon - the big pirate ship. While probably different in character than a small private charter, we had a blast. The crew was fun, the snorkeling, tho not outstanding was exciting because of all the turtles we saw, and the drinks on the way back were just this side of heaven. Sailing back, aqua waters, a strong banana bender and Jimmy buffet singing Margaritaville and all that kind of music - well, it's hard to get much better than that! Was a wonderful way to wind up our cruise. Too bad the next day we were back in NYC. YECH!!!

Archived