cruisen with 6&9 year old girls on the ncl gem

dmd

Afew questions

...Just wondering if anyone has a kids club agenda from the gem that they could post or even some samples of things they do is this age group?

...is there a problem with the kids ordering off the adult menu?

...do you pay the same service charge for children at the speciality restaurants?

...can kids participate in the murder mystery?

...is there a dance place for the younger children or can they go to the teen disco to dance/karoke?

...if any one has children in this age group we are on the forum fo the April 5th cruise on the gem (dmd). Would love to hear from you.

Yes, the children can most certainly order off the adult menu. I think it's great for kids to learn about foods other than burgers and fries.

The service charge is for anyone dining at the specialty restaurants.

Your children definitely won't be allowed in the teen disco. It's for the protection of your children. They don't allow kids that age to hang around with teens for liability reasons. That's why it's called a teen disco---it's for teens only. As for dancing in other venues, I guess it depends on what kind of dancing you're looking for. I know that at night when the adults are doing their serious dancing, they really don't encourage young children on the dance floor.

Your kids will be in the same kid's crew group. Here's a sample of what they do with the kids: Children's Pool area, Pizza Making Party, Arts and Crafts, Games and Themed Parties.

I realized that the teen club was for teens, I just thought that one of the clubs might have a time set aside for family dance time. I certainly wouldn't bring them to an adult club unless it specifically had a time designated for families. Just thought the teen club might be a logical choice for such a thing.

Good questions! I don't know many of the answers, but I do know one of them. Children are half price in the specialty restaurants. If they do not eat an entree off of the specialty restaurant menu (for instance, if you took your family to LeBistro and your child ordered a hot dog off the kids menu), NCL will not charge anything for the child. From what I gather on the NCL board, it's literally the entree that triggers the extra fee, so your child could order an appetizer, salad or even dessert off the specialty restaurant menu with her hotdog and she still would not be charged.

Thanks so much,that sounds fair, the "nominal fee" would add up for a family of four if we wanted to try a lot of the specialty restaurants. We want the kids to enjoy the kids club but we also want to be with them to see them experience everything on the ship.

Archived