Eurodam Deck Plan mistake?

tsd1

We are going on a charter cruise on the Eurodam in January and I have studied the deck plan closely - perhaps too closely! It appears to me that there may be a mistake. We are looking at VQ10045 - which is about 5 cabins behind the elevator - according to the deck plan the diaganol occurs right after that cabin. However, looking at the deck plans of the other decks and looking at the virtual tour the diaganol occurs about VQ10033. What do you think?:confused: I have called HAL. but since the ship is so new they weren't much help.

I have called HAL. but since the ship is so new they weren't much help.
The ship is still under construction and they are re-drawing the plans on the fly. Our cabin number (but not the cabin itself) has changed since we booked last year. Check to see if you find a date printed on the deck plans. If it's earlier than January, the plans are likely the old ones.

However, looking at the deck plans of the other decks and looking at the virtual tour the diaganol occurs about VQ10033. What do you think?:confused:
Yes, that's very strange! The bend would have to be just aft of the elevator bank to line up with the other decks ... but yet on the deck above the VQ's the bend is also back a fair distance from the elevators.

Because the design is basically the same the Vistas, IMO the bend is just aft of the elevators, not all the way back by the pool roof. (See the Vista deck plans.) That means the hallway would have to "dog-leg" in about 10033 ... and those four IA cabins in the center will have to become more square than shown on the diagram. :cool:

I just took a closer look at the virtual tour and it appears that yes indeed the bend is just aft of the forward elevator on most other decks, but the panorama and observation deck do not have the same bend their bend occurs after 10045. In other words, the panorama and observation deck will jut out over part of the lower decks. This means 10045 will have a view of the length of ship from the verandah. Now - what is the design on the deck plan right above 10045 on the observation deck? HAL could not tell me. Someone else suggested it's cabanas.

It's a little hard to tell from this pic because of the low resolution, but it looks to me like there might be two step-backs on that deck, one of which lines up with the other decks (ie. at 10033), and a second one further back (ie, 10045). Or maybe it goes straight back and overhangs the deck below it. :) Click on pic to view larger.

BTW, this pic also kinda answers the question about whether the windows in IA10043 and IA10044 will make them "ocean view". It appears that they'll be "pool roof view"! :)

tsd1 - I've got a new theory from looking at the "picture" below. I think maybe the entire Panorama deck, from VQ10007 to VQ10045, is recessed some from the Lido deck below it, but not as far in as the "waist" section in the ship center. That would make the deck plan correct - straight line all the way back to 10045 - and require only a small step-in after 10045. Also, deck 11 is lined up vertically with deck 10, so that it too is recessed from deck 9, and the scalloped balcony outermost edges line up approximately with the Lido deck glass. What do you think about that?

attachment.php?attachmentid=73242&d=1205717257

When in January is your charter cruise? We are booked for the beginning of January and hope our cruise wasn't cancelled because of the charter and maybe we haven't been informed yet. :confused:

Please let me know. Thanks very much.

Cindy

HAL cruise consultant tells me it is positively wooden cabanas on the observation deck.

Hmm, how will this affect passengers that are booked on the Observation Deck? Does that mean lots of traffic through the Halls and they will not be able to use the outside deck space past the Crows Nest?

Also, deck 11 is lined up vertically with deck 10, so that it too is recessed from deck 9, and the scalloped balcony outermost edges line up approximately with the Lido deck glass. What do you think about that?

So the cabanas willl be past the scalloped balcony's? Does that mean that top deck will be closed off unless passengers pay to use it?

What outside deck space past the Crows Nest? If you're referring to the desk space aft of the VT staterooms, then no. Those on the Observation Deck should not have any other pax in their halls. It's a direct shot from the elevators/stair lobby right into the CN/Explorations Cafe and back to the deck space.

Hmm, how will this affect passengers that are booked on the Observation Deck? Does that mean lots of traffic through the Halls and they will not be able to use the outside deck space past the Crows Nest?

So the cabanas willl be past the scalloped balcony's? Does that mean that top deck will be closed off unless passengers pay to use it?

It's hard to tell where the doorways are to the "cabana deck", but I'd say people don't have to pass the VT doorways to get there. As to where the "control point" for access to that deck will be ... or if there be any ... I have no guess.

Click thumbnail to enlarge

So you're thinking cruisers may have to pay to use the cabanas?

Cindy, as for our cruise in January...it's a chartered blues cruise Jan. 24-31. All the venues have blues music...the piano bar goes to sunrise! There is a stage set up on the aft pool deck and there is absolutely no dress code whatsoever (except maybe in the Pinnacle). Many of us wear shorts to dinner in the dining room. Average age is 40's - 60's - very few kids. January line-up is Taj Mahal, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Etta James and more. The wait staff love us because we make them dance with us!:)

Archived