Anniversary

When I booked my cruise I was asked if we were celebrating anything. I explained that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and they asked me what night I wanted to celebrate.

What did that mean?

That is why I asked my question, at booking I was asked the same question. We got home today, and yesterday was our 10th anniversary, and we got NOTHING!!!! I was pretty upset, I booked a special cruise to help celebrate it and was under the impression that it would be "celebrated" on board.

The most they'll do is give both of you a slice of cake and sing happy annniversary to you if they are notified before hand.

Our TA told RCI that it will be our Anniversary on the 21st of June and we will get cake and a little celebrations at dinner that night, which just happens to be the first formal dinner

Our TA told RCI that it will be our Anniversary on the 21st of June and we will get cake and a little celebrations at dinner that night, which just happens to be the first formal dinner

If you didn't order and pay for the cake, you might get a slice and a song from the waiters. :D

RCCL does not do the whole cake on their own anymore.

Q: Are Special Occasion Cakes available?

A: We offer Birthday, Anniversary and Special Occasion Cakes fleet-wide for a nominal fee of $7.95 USD.

There are two types of cakes available: chocolate sponge cake with chocolate butter cream or vanilla sponge cake with vanilla butter cream, both are decorated with flowers on the left side of the cake. These cakes are 6" round and serve 2-10 people. The name (or names) will be written on the cake with a candle placed on top. A minimum of 6 hours advance notice is required. All cakes that are ordered by 12 noon will be served that evening in the main dining room.

The cake will be charged to your Seapass card or credit card upon request at time of ordering the cake onboard the ship.

If you don't want to purchase a whole cake, just tell your Main Dining Room waiter about the special occasion and who it's for. Our waiters will sing a birthday / anniversary song - with a slice of cake (based on the daily cake offerings for that evening) and a candle prior to serving you the dinner dessert, free of charge.

I would have been very happy with that, but we got nothing.:mad:

In your Online Booking there was an area to mark "Anniversay". Our travel agent was supposed to inform them but either didn't or it was lost in the system. I ended up doing it myself. There were two benefits:

1) The head waiter, assistant waiter and others all sang "Happy Anniversary" to us (complete with a candle on both our desserts) :)

2) We had 3 recorded phone messages on our stateroom phone...each wishing us a Happy Anniversay and each telling us to come down to their shops to spend more money for the happy occasion. How sweet. ;)

I would have been very happy with that, but we got nothing.:mad:

It sounds like your travel agent dropped the ball and didn't order anything for you. I don't think you should be mad at the ship staff, unless you told them of the date and event and they just ignored you.

We have always let the waiter know of events we want to celebrate and they were very happy to bring a slice of cake for us. We brought my FIL and MIL on their very first cruise for their 50th anniversary and were seated at a table with two other couples who were celebrating anniversaries also. It was a great cruise for us. LOTS of cake!:D

When I booked my cruise I was asked if we were celebrating anything. I explained that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and they asked me what night I wanted to celebrate.

What did that mean?

A cake for you and the table, the waiters sing happy anniversary.Thats it.No charge.LOL

It sounds like your travel agent dropped the ball and didn't order anything for you. I don't think you should be mad at the ship staff, unless you told them of the date and event and they just ignored you.

I booked it myself, and told them it was our anniversary. He asked if we wanted to celebrate on formal night or our actual anniversary and I choose our anniversary. Also we did order the romance package, and on our first night I told her head waiter we wanted to wait to have breakfast the last full day on board because it was our 10th anniversary. We were both pretty disappointed there was nothing done.

:confused:

I booked it myself, and told them it was our anniversary. He asked if we wanted to celebrate on formal night or our actual anniversary and I choose our anniversary. Also we did order the romance package, and on our first night I told her head waiter we wanted to wait to have breakfast the last full day on board because it was our 10th anniversary. We were both pretty disappointed there was nothing done.

I am confused?

Why would you tell the Head waiter about breakfast on your last full morning?

How would you know that you would see any of the wait staff at breakfast?

Again, unless you ordered a cake and paid for it, you would not get a thing. If you reminded them, the Head Waiter or your Waiter, at dinner that night they would have brought out a slice and they would have sang if they had time. ;)

I believe The Romance package does not include the dining room.

=teajak;13907090]A cake for you and the table, the waiters sing happy anniversary.Thats it.No charge.LOL

Q: Are Special Occasion Cakes available?

A: We offer Birthday, Anniversary and Special Occasion Cakes fleet-wide for a nominal fee of $7.95 USD.

:confused:

I am confused?

Why would you tell the Head waiter about breakfast on your last full morning?

How would you know that you would see any of the wait staff at breakfast?

Again, unless you ordered a cake and paid for it, you would not get a thing. If you reminded them, the Head Waiter or your Waiter, at dinner that night they would have brought out a slice and they would have sang if they had time. ;)

I believe The Romance package does not include the dining room.

We ordered the Romance Package, and that includes breakfast in bed. With the package there is a special breakfast menu that you get to order from, and your head waiter takes that breakfast order. He offered it to us for our first morning on the ship, but we wanted to wait until our Anniversary so that was the last full day on board.

We ordered the Romance Package, and that includes breakfast in bed. With the package there is a special breakfast menu that you get to order from, and your head waiter takes that breakfast order. He offered it to us for our first morning on the ship, but we wanted to wait until our Anniversary so that was the last full day on board.

I could not figure what that had to do with the dining room?

I could not figure what that had to do with the dining room?

I told him at our first dinner that I would place the order later in the week, because we wanted breakfast in bed for our anniversary. So I did tell my head waiter it was our anniversary on Thursday, and still got no song or candle.

I told him at our first dinner that I would place the order later in the week, because we wanted breakfast in bed for our anniversary. So I did tell my head waiter it was our anniversary on Thursday, and still got no song or candle.

The order for the cake and song or the order for breakfast? ;) These are two separate things you are talking about.

Unless you specifically told him that you wanted them to come to your table, with a cake and sing, on a certain night, you are not getting it. He will not take it upon himself to do that. He will not assume!!

You told him it was your anniversary. You did not tell him you wanted anything done about it at the table.

Your mistake, not his or RCCL's.

I am sorry, but I have to ask you this question.

How was your cruise other than that?

Have a good night. :D

You told him it was your anniversary. You did not tell him you wanted anything done about it at the table.

Your mistake, not his or RCCL's.

I am sorry, but I have to ask you this question.

How was your cruise other than that?

Have a good night. :D

You are right I did not specifically ask for anything done at dinner.

We had a nice time, but the whole trip was nothing more then average. We did not feel at all special, or that anyone on the ship went out of their way to Wow us with anything. That being said we have cruised Disney before so I guess the bar was set pretty high. :)

We had a nice time, but the whole trip was nothing more then average. We did not feel at all special, or that anyone on the ship went out of their way to Wow us with anything. That being said we have cruised Disney before so I guess the bar was set pretty high. :)

You won't get anything special unless you specifically ask for it. Its not RCI or the Staff's fault. If you wanted something very special then you probably should have make specific & detailed arrangements.

We almost always cruise in April because its our anniversary, but we've never "expected or assumed" that even though our TA and waiter knew about this we would get any more special treatment than anyone else on the ship unless we ask for it.

A few years back we cruised in the month of DH's birthday. I arranged with the Head Waiter to bring a cake to the table on a specific night and he did so. We shared the cake with our tablemates and made a nice evening of it.

I wouldn't have expected my TA or waiter to do anything. It was up to me.

That is sad. :(

I should think your Romance package and each other should have wowed you.

Not a piece of cake and a group of singing waiters. ;)

Archived