Help. Can you cruise for under $3K family of FIVE?

TnTWalter

We're a family of 5 going on a 4 night cruise in 10 days-Carnival Fascination, . We paid $2895 for a cat 12 suite (penthouse) and an interior room across the hall. We booked 2 in the suite, and 3 in the interior, knowing we can reconfigure once aboard. Of course, this isn't including excursions, but I've found terrific deals for that too. Good Luck! Btw, I didn't book thru Carnival but thru a site that deals only in cruises and are competetive.

I recently asked about cruising with 5 and here are 2 more cost effective solutions that I found...

* - book a balcony cabin in your name with 2 of your children, then book the CHEAPEST cabin in your hubby's name and one child... you'll all sleep together, but you'll be booked "legally" (this works if you aren't travelling with others)

* - book 4 members of your family in one cabin and book the last member of your family with the grandparents. The 4th family member will receive the discounted price, but can stay in your cabin.

These arrangements aren't ideal for sleeping in a cabin made for 4 people, but if you can find a way to work it out, then it may be cost effective for you. Good luck!!! We're expecting baby number 3 in 31 LONG weeks... can't wait to see how this affects our vacationing! ;)

I also used a site that travel gives competing quotes, we switched our booking to them......two of our cabins have three people each......one ocean view and one inside cabin......after booking with their alread great price (with past guest promotion though), I called back to get the additional price adjustment crusinmama06 just mentioned and my final price (so far) for 6 is $3028 this includes all taxes and fees but not gratuities (we'll pay them on board)......we're sailing Carnival Glory's Western Caribbean route that is a port intensive 7 day cruise......(Belize, Cozumel, Roatan and Freeport)

I just know you can get a cruise to meet your family's needs, just keep at it! and have a great vacation :)

This is true. We leave on April 14th family of 4 on the Carnival Celebration Cruise Line. The total cost were $1400.00.:D

You could do it on Carnival I bet. No way could you do it on Disney. Our Disney cruise was $5,800 for 4.

I've done a fam of 4 for 4 days on Carnival for $799. And a fam of 4 for 4 days on RCCL for $799.

Let's see what I can get for 7 days...be right back.

There are a few good weeks to look for, the week AFTER Thanksgiving. The LAST week of August. And May always has hot deals.

We booked a group family cruise on the Carnival Triumph Exotic Eastern for April '08 over a year out. One of the cabins booked had 5 in it and it totalled just under $2200. We got an excellent rate, so they can be found. Good luck in finding a cruise for your family.

-Kellie

Archived