Dining on Victory

CRUISER2B

I can't locate the thread again, so I am sorry if I am repeating this question.

I am trying to sit in the Atlantic Dining room. I am currently requesting 8pm sitting.

I read that there is more motion felt in the Pacific room since it is at the end of the ship. I had also read in somone's post sitting times for each room.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

As Nybumpkin said, if you want to be in the Atlantic Dining room you need to request 6:15 or 8:30 dining. I understand you are concerned with more motion but unless the weather is rough, there still is not much motion felt in the Pacific dining room. If its rough enough to be a problem in the Pacific dining room you will feel it in the Atlantic dining room too ! Enjoy your cruise !

We were in the 6:15 seating recently in the Atlantic, and had no problems nor did a couple who moved to our table after the first day - they just talked to the Maitre' D. All breakfasts and lunch are in the Pacific Dining room (at least for our cruise) and we felt NO motion whatsoever. We liked the Pacific as our room was Aft and it was easier to get to.

I was on the Victory last January and the Pacific dining room shook like a Los Angeles earthquake, due to engine vibration. It's loud too, because the large glass pieces on the ceiling chandeliers banged each other terribly. I fully expected them to fall.

Others may be referring to the Maître de's singing voice though.

I was on the Victory last January and the Pacific dining room shook like a Los Angeles earthquake, due to engine vibration. It's loud too, because the large glass pieces on the ceiling chandeliers banged each other terribly. I fully expected them to fall.

Others may be referring to the Maître de's singing voice though.

IF you are in the Pacific dining room when leaving a port you will have vibration and noise, the same that you will hear and feel anywhere aft when arriving in port or leaving port, but it doesn't last long.

IF you are in the Pacific dining room when leaving a port you will have vibration and noise, the same that you will hear and feel anywhere aft when arriving in port or leaving port, but it doesn't last long.

I agree - We were assigned 5:45 in the aft dining room on both Conquest and Liberty, and the vibration was most noticeable when getting underway. I did notice more movement generally in the aft dining room, but it didn't interfere with our dining. I prefer the midships dining room because I like 6:15 dining - that extra 1/2 hour makes a big difference to me.

Thank you all for your replies.

I am think that since it is just the two of us, we want to take a late dinner seating. We also want to try to get a table for 2. Spend some mother/daughter quality time. I thought it would be easier with a later seating.

I think that I will contact my TA and have her change it to the 8:30 seating. Since it is just the 2 of us, dinner should go fast.

Thanks again.

Thank you all for your replies.

I am think that since it is just the two of us, we want to take a late dinner seating. We also want to try to get a table for 2. Spend some mother/daughter quality time. I thought it would be easier with a later seating.

I think that I will contact my TA and have her change it to the 8:30 seating. Since it is just the 2 of us, dinner should go fast.

Thanks again.

Please remember that that will be just a request.. hopefully you will get the seating you request.. just check your SS card once you get it..to make sure.. you will also want to check the dining room for your table..if you don't have the correct time or table for 2 then you can go to the dining room at the appointed time to see the M'D to hopefully get it changed;)

Archived