Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations.....

happy cruzin

I recommend the LaQuinta on 26 St. They have airport and cruise shuttles. We were very happy there on our last cruise. There was quite a bit of stuff to do and eat at within walking distance.[/quote]

Yep...that is definately something to consider. Thanks for the suggestion!

GLAD TO HEAR THAT ABOUT THE LAQUINTA. i AM STAYING THERE APRIL 6TH.

WAS IT HARD TO FIND?

WE ARE DRIVING DOWN FROM OCALA, FL, WE HOPE TO LEAVE OUR CAR THERE AND CATCH THE SHUTTLE.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

DENISE

GLAD TO HEAR THAT ABOUT THE LAQUINTA. i AM STAYING THERE APRIL 6TH.

WAS IT HARD TO FIND?

WE ARE DRIVING DOWN FROM OCALA, FL, WE HOPE TO LEAVE OUR CAR THERE AND CATCH THE SHUTTLE.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

DENISE

Please some back and let us know how it went and if you would do it again.

I SURE WILL. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS DDUNN76799@AOL.COM

u CAN ALWAYS DROP ME A LINE, IF BY CHANCE I CANT FIND THIS THREAD AGAIN!

WE ARE GOING ON THE MIRACLE LEAVING APRL 7TH.......FOR 8 NIGHTS. WE PICKED THIS MOTEL BECAUSE IT ADVERTISED FREE PARKING AND SHUTTLE. I CALLED THEM DIRECTLY SEVERAL TIMES AND TALKED WITH THEM.

D

I SURE WILL. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS DDUNN76799@AOL.COM

u CAN ALWAYS DROP ME A LINE, IF BY CHANCE I CANT FIND THIS THREAD AGAIN!

WE ARE GOING ON THE MIRACLE LEAVING APRL 7TH.......FOR 8 NIGHTS. WE PICKED THIS MOTEL BECAUSE IT ADVERTISED FREE PARKING AND SHUTTLE. I CALLED THEM DIRECTLY SEVERAL TIMES AND TALKED WITH THEM.

D

I like the idea that there are things to do and place to eat near the hotel. I am really hoping not to have to rent a car ;) .

I can't really say if it was hard to find or not, since we came from the airport,and I didn't really pay much attention to how we got there.

If you go on the Florida Departure boards, you will find lots of good reviews and information about the LaQuinta. That is why we decided to stay there. Lots of people were leaving there cars there while on a cruise.

There is a lot of other information about Ft. Lauderdale on the board also. Be sure and check it out.

I can help you out. We stayed there a few years ago when we cruised out of PE. We also left our car there too. It is a little difficult to find, but watch for signs. If you get lost, go back to the shopping area and head towards the back of it. There is a road that will lead to the hotel back there. If you are parking your car there, make sure you fill out the paper for it when you check in and also sign up for your shuttle to the port. Keep in mind, they don't have a return shuttle so plan on 20-25 for your cab back to the hotel to pick up your car. It was well worth it.

The hotel was nice and had a great breakfast including waffles you can make yourself (I love those waffle irons!).

The staff was great. Make sure you get out there early for the shuttle. It does fill up quickly and they will have numerous ships to drop passengers off at so be patient!

As far as the shopping area, I know there is a Dave's & Busters, K-Mart, Taco Bell. It's runs on both sides of the road and there are so many things there you won't have any trouble getting what you want. I am sorry my memory isn't better, but there is plenty to do right there. It is a pretty good walk 1/3 mile to the area from the hotel but very nice.

Wish I was cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale than Miami. I don't look forward to that place!

I wasn't impressed with La Quinta, but the price was right (I got $85 AAA rate for last December 16th).

Best place is to go to the Florida Departures board. There is an FLL local who can recommend hotels, shuttles, restaurants, shopping, parking.

Prior, we have stayed at the Sleep Inn. They have a shuttle to and from the airport and to the port in the morning. They have a free breakfast that was very good. Even homemade waffles. The room was very nice. There is a Publix grocery store and Walgreens next door to the hotel. There are also a few restaurants in the plaza across the street. The hotel is about 1.5 to the beach. It is an easy walk.

This cruise we are staying at the Hyatt Place. We got a great deal, $112/night on www.valuetrips.com. It has been newly remodeled and has a shuttle.

We stayed at the HIEX and thought it was great. The location was perfect with plenty of restaurants, stores for the last minute wine purchase and it had recently been renovated. Just FYI, there is no pool, but it didn't matter to us. They have an airport shuttle and we were picked up within 10 minutes of calling.

The following hotels will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruiseport the next day:

SLEEP INN & SUITES AIRPORT

1500 SE 5TH Avenue

Dania, FL 33304

954-874-1800

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL664

MARRIOTT COURTYARD AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT

400 Gulf Stream Way

Dania Beach, FL 33304

954-342-8333

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLHT

LAQUINTA INN & SUITES

2620 North 26th Avenue

Hollywood, FL 33020

954-922-2295

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

COMFORT SUITES FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT WEST

2540 Davie Rd. SW 64th Ave

Davie, FL 33317

954-585-7071

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL591

HAMPTON INN PLANTATION

7801 S.W. 6th Street

Plantation, FL, 33324

954-382-4500

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=42O0PCTQRR5E2CSGBIW2VCQ?ctyhocn=FLLPTHX

this is coppied from my review.....

The Hotel: When I had originally booked, I booked a Marriott tower on the beach, but switched to the Comfort Inn airport/cruiseport due to a recommendation from a fellow roll call cruiser. And the fact that the wife wanted to lower the evening rate. Usually she would rather stay on the beach. I was able to secure 3 rooms for the 7 of us for under $70/room. This rate included the shuttle and breakfast. My parents paid $6/day to keep their car there.

It was a nice hotel for the money within walking distance of a few Restaurants and shopping. It had clean basic rooms with a decent breakfast in the morning. I didn't try the evening bar facilities, for us the highlite was the pool. It had a beautiful pool where we enjoyed hanging around relaxing to start our vacation.

the pool

2516655130089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

For dinner that evening we took the advise of the same CC'er and found Jaxons ice cream parlor for a fun meal. The meals were good and the ice cream....WONDERFUL!!!

Jaxon's

2855065190089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2361100710089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

After the meal we went back to the hotel for an evening swim and to get ready for the next day........"the BIG day"

Official DAY!!!

We were up for breakfast prior to our 10:30am shuttle. They had breads, cereal, eggs, Belgium waffles, Danish and dough nuts. I don't like to wait, so we cleared our rooms at 9:30 to have our bags in line for the shuttle to the port. Come to find out that morning, that some folks werer paying close to $200 for their rooms, so I was REAL pleased with my rate under $70.

the wait

2671252820089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

our bags plus mom and dad's

2983338270089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

They had a nice mini bus (30 people ??) pulling a cargo trailer for the bags. It was a very easy process and shortly after 10:30 we were on our way. We caught first glimpse and were at the port in no time at all (20 minutes max)

There she is

2227981230089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2424218610089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

We were very early to arrive so the lines for check in weren't long at all.

I recommend the LaQuinta on 26 St. They have airport and cruise shuttles. We were very happy there on our last cruise. There was quite a bit of stuff to do and eat at within walking distance.

Bills -

Do you recall if there was a liquor store near by - with in walking distance - :confused: or does the shuttle go to a shopping area where we could pick up some last minute supplies??

I would prefer to pick it up there rather than fly with it ;) .

The following hotels will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruiseport the next day:

SLEEPINN & SUITESAIRPORT

1500 SE 5TH Avenue

Dania, FL33304

954-874-1800

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL664

MARRIOTT COURTYARD AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT

400 Gulf Stream Way

Dania Beach, FL33304

954-342-8333

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLHT

LAQUINTA INN & SUITES

2620 North 26th Avenue

Hollywood, FL33020

954-922-2295

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

COMFORT SUITES FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT WEST

2540 Davie Rd. SW 64th Ave

Davie, FL33317

954-585-7071

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL591

HAMPTON INN PLANTATION

7801 S.W. 6th Street

Plantation, FL, 33324

954-382-4500

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=42O0PCTQRR5E2CSGBIW2VCQ?ctyhocn=FLLPTHX

Wow...now THAT is a comprehensive list :eek: !! Thanks so much - that is really helpful.

Can you recommend one - or two - that have food and a little shopping within walking distance so that we will not have to deal with a rental car.

Thanks again :)

There are several hotels on 17th street....very near the Port. You can see the ships from some....

Pier 66 and The Fort Lauderdale Grande are on the ICW right at the Port. I have stayed at both and if you have a south facing room...you can watch the ship dock in the morning. There are a few more a little west on 17th Street.... Embassy Suites... Renaissance Have stayed at them and they were all good. Several restaurants on 17th... my fav is Chuck's Steakhouse. Liquor store and supermarket for last minute needs. My #1 is on the beach.... Lago Mar.... doesn't get better. They have a tower and if you have a room facing SW you can see the Port and the ships.

courtyard airport cruiseport....shuttles to/from the airport and TO the port....sign up at check in.

not much around..there is a subway in the fishing museum behind the hotel, and islamorada fish co in the Bass Pro shops next door.....we were going to try that but, after getting up super early, lunch form subway and a nap..we woke up at 7 PM and decided to skip dinner since we weren't hungry.

buffet breakfast though not included, was reasonable (under 10 bucks PP) and tasty! sometimes they have a rate that includes breakfast though.

nice staff, well organized shuttle to the pier...i would stay there again. it helps to have a car if you want to go places, but i guess you could cab it or see if the shuttle would take you.

(they did have some delivery menus too!)

Wow...now THAT is a comprehensive list :eek: !! Thanks so much - that is really helpful.

Can you recommend one - or two - that have food and a little shopping within walking distance so that we will not have to deal with a rental car.

Thanks again :)

The two highly rated ones by your fellow CC cruisers are the Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation and the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood. Both near plenty of shops and restaurants. Both in safe areas, both boast many, many positive reviews from your fellow cruisers.

Click on my Ft Lauderdale Information Blog for a comprehensive hotel listing. ;)

The best hotel in my opinion is Hampton Inn Airport North. They have free pick up and drop off from the airport and the port. The employees are extremely helpful and friendly. Excellent deal, beautiful clean hotel and pool. Ready to go again!

Archived