Ship Cards

Duffyy

We are just off the Pride of Aloha. I noticed lots of different coloured ship cards, red, blue, yellow, etc. What do the different colours mean?

Good question...thought I figured it out on my last cruise with my sister. We were in a suite with different color cards. I've cruised more on NCL than she did.

Then I cruised with DH and we had the same color card...in the same suite. I've cruised NCL more than he did:confused:

No rhyme or reason!

We are just off the Pride of Aloha. I noticed lots of different coloured ship cards, red, blue, yellow, etc. What do the different colours mean?

It means that color was on the top of the stack when your keycard was printed....it's all random (unless you're in a Villa or Owner's Suite....they MAY get an exclusive colored card.)

On our March 8 cruise in a balcony the color appeared to be random as my husband and I had different color key cards (his green, mine aqua). However, information on the NCL website about Freestyle 2.0 says that with Freestyle 2.0 all balcony and higher passengers will be easily identified by their key card color, so at least by June, key card color will have an identification purpose.

WinterSky

My wife and I got different colored cards when we checked in for the Pride of Aloha in Feb. I asked why, and was told "It's Freestyle!" The colors mean nothing, but I did like Jame's answer about matching your outfit. As a matter of fact, after thinking back on what we were wearing that may be true!

Archived