Med Dinner Seating Times

I have received my seating time for the April 26/08 Navigator of the Seas out of Barcelona. As we only booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago the website advised that only early seating is available. As I live in France I was not surprised because the French do not eat until 8:30-9:30 pm. My main seating time on the e-docs was listed as 7:00 pm. So this indicates for sure that in our dining room the late seating will be at least 9:00 pm. Last summer I sailed on the Carnival Freedom and there was the 4 dinner times. 2 main seating 6:15 & 6:30 and 8:15 & 8:30 pm.(give or take 15 mins on the 6:15 & 8:15). The 2 dining rooms did not start their seating at the exact time. I will advise Navigator times upon our return May 1/08.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Simon. What did you do in Ibiza? What time were you able to get off the ship in Florence? What was the turn around days like? Where you able to get off the ship early on those days?

Thanks so much for posting. We leave in 4 days. Don't forget to wave as you get off the ship.

For anyone interested, we are currently on the Nav and dining times have changed a bit to 6.45pm for main and 9.15pm for late.

Simon

Thanks Simon for taking the time to post this info, that ties in with my cruisedocs which say 6.45pm for main.:)

...I am so glad I changed from late to main now!;)

Emjoy your cruise and do post any hot tips for this ship as we have never sailed RCCL/Navigator before. We sail 7th June.

Thanks Simon. What did you do in Ibiza? What time were you able to get off the ship in Florence? What was the turn around days like? Where you able to get off the ship early on those days?

Thanks so much for posting. We leave in 4 days. Don't forget to wave as you get off the ship.

Hope everything goes well in the Old Smoke (thats London to you!). We had dinner in the Windjammer in Ibiza to save a bit of time and got the shuttle bus into the town. The ship docks right out on a new pier which is also the harbour edge, so its not really walkable. We then wandered round Ibiza town and about an hour later came back. Not a lot to see unless you want to stay for a club or look round the market stalls. We went to Pisa today, so didn't leave until about 9am, but I think people were getting off around 7.30am. BTW, the port bus shuttles at Ibiza, Livorna and Civ'ecchia cost $3 each, each way...just so you know!

Simon

Simon thank you so much. Enjoy the rest of your time on the ship. Did you by any chance notice if the shuttles had wheelchair lifts? There are 7 of us so that is $42 round trip, we have private drivers in Florence and Rome so hopefully they can collect us at the ship so we do not have to trek down the pier. Thanks again. We actually go to London post cruise. We are doing Barcelona pre-cruise.

When we booked our Med cruise on Voyager our TA said the late seating was 8.30pm which we thought would be fine as we intended to book all day excursions that might mean that we would miss the early seating. Now if what I've read on this thread is true we might get 9.30pm which with 2 children (who even on holiday) go to bed no later than 9.30-10.00pm.

Don't know what to do now........Looks like we'll have to skip the main dining room completely :( and eat in the Windjammer. I'm also concerned that our pre-cruise stay in Barcelona will have the similar problems because we'll be looking to eat around 7.00-7.30pm and most restaurants don't seem to open until 9pm, again too late for our kids. Oh well there's always McDonalds :D

Simon thank you so much. Enjoy the rest of your time on the ship. Did you by any chance notice if the shuttles had wheelchair lifts? There are 7 of us so that is $42 round trip, we have private drivers in Florence and Rome so hopefully they can collect us at the ship so we do not have to trek down the pier. Thanks again. We actually go to London post cruise. We are doing Barcelona pre-cruise.

Kathy

I got it a bit wrong. Its $6 each, each way! (I was working it out in roughly pounds!), so it is really pricey! However, if anyone else is reading this, in Civiteveccchia you will be told that you cannot walk out of the port (WRONG, but it does take about 20 mins) and that there are no free buses (WRONG, look out for the white Port Mobility buses..they are free). I didn't notice any wheel chair lifts, but that doesn't mean there weren't any.

Simon

we had early seating last summer -RCCL- and there were many times that it was at 645/7 which was not a problem. since you have to be back on the ship at certain times, it all worked out. late seating was always later than 830 so if you want to be eating at 930 or so that's an option. We are a party of five, and no problems. i think we went to windjammer maybe one night, and on the second formal night, i told our waiter in advance that we would probably not show up because of the formal dressing, he said forget the formal clothes, just come in regular dinner clothes-and we did!

When we booked our Med cruise on Voyager our TA said the late seating was 8.30pm which we thought would be fine as we intended to book all day excursions that might mean that we would miss the early seating. Now if what I've read on this thread is true we might get 9.30pm which with 2 children (who even on holiday) go to bed no later than 9.30-10.00pm.

Don't know what to do now........Looks like we'll have to skip the main dining room completely :( and eat in the Windjammer. I'm also concerned that our pre-cruise stay in Barcelona will have the similar problems because we'll be looking to eat around 7.00-7.30pm and most restaurants don't seem to open until 9pm, again too late for our kids. Oh well there's always McDonalds :D

It is definately 6.45 and 9.15. We have been getting out from main dinner between 8.15 and 8.30 if thats any help. There are plenty of places to eat in Barcelona from 5 or 6 onwards (we were there for 4 days), but try and get off Las Ramblas where you will pay twice the price for half the food! As you say, theres always McD's, Burger King etc!

Simon

Archived