What time is it??

littleone9699

Okay, I'm a little confused about the "time" issue. . . We booked an excursion through Island Marketing and it says the excursion leaves at 10 am. . . . we are arriving on Carnival Glory . . at 10 AM!! Now they knew which ship we were on, so I'm guessing they wouldn't book us for a tour that we couldn't make (their tour times are 10, 12, and 2) but I'm confused! What time (EST?) are on my cruise documents? The excursion says it departs at "Local Island Time" . . . HELP!!!

If you booked a shore excursion through the ship I would not worry. You probably will leave close to the 10am they indicate but when you get on board just check with the shore excursion staff to just verify the time.

Okay, I'm a little confused about the "time" issue. . . We booked an excursion through Island Marketing and it says the excursion leaves at 10 am. . . . we are arriving on Carnival Glory . . at 10 AM!! Now they knew which ship we were on, so I'm guessing they wouldn't book us for a tour that we couldn't make (their tour times are 10, 12, and 2) but I'm confused! What time (EST?) are on my cruise documents? The excursion says it departs at "Local Island Time" . . . HELP!!!

It all depends on the time of year as to whether or not the time in St. Thomas is the same as the EST of the ship. The Virgin Islands does not observe daylight savings time so it's the exact same time there at the moment that it is here.

Since it's not a ship's excursion you will not be able to make it depending on the time of year and whether or not Carnival stays on ship time or changes. I wouldn't assume that Island Marketing wouldn't book you that you couldn't make. I would get back in touch with them and see what they have to say.

Archived