Star Scuba excursions

pshrynk

I posted earlier, but got not too many responses. Is there any scuba diving worth taking my gear along on the Santiago to Acapulco leg of the Star next month? Nothing listed on the cruise Personalizer, but that is probably due to not being able to verify certification. Any experience?

If there are no excursions listed in the personalizer, then Princess does not sponsor any. Certification verification is taken care of on the scuba trips themselves, not through Princess, and in ports where Princess sponsors scuba trips, they are listed on the personalizer.

I don't recall that the area in which you're cruising is particularly known for diving. Of course, there are always die hards, and you might find independent excursions by Googling your ports and "Scuba" and seeing what comes up.

Lets see if I can be of any help. By now all of the shore excursions should be listed, and within reading it will tell you that certification is required. Whatever you are able to read under the "excursions" part of your personalizer, is it, they won't add any others, nor will there be other options once you board, I would snag any that you are interested in now as some of them do fill up quickly.

Now I have heard the snorkling in Alcapulco is wonderful if you stick to the shore lines and there are a few well known ship wrecks they may visit out there. Otherwise I know of several people that love to snorkal in Santiago, and have been there many times for that reason, pending time of season, I bet the waters in Santiago will be warmer than Alcapulco's Scientifically speaking. Which would probably make Santiago your best bet, I have also heard from the Travel channel that Santiago provides great Deep Sea snorkeling. I hope I helped, I can't offer my experience in either, but I would go with Santiago IMO. Have a great cruise, and take care of her!:D

If there are no excursions listed in the personalizer, then Princess does not sponsor any. Certification verification is taken care of on the scuba trips themselves, not through Princess, and in ports where Princess sponsors scuba trips, they are listed on the personalizer.

I don't recall that the area in which you're cruising is particularly known for diving. Of course, there are always die hards, and you might find independent excursions by Googling your ports and "Scuba" and seeing what comes up.

Some of the equatorial places have fair diving, from what I've seen. I guess my main question is, is there an independent outfitter who provides the service? Is that a safe bet? That sort of thing.

Archived