Bringing on Alcohol..Triumph

bby31288

I know this has been asked before, and I searched but really couldn't find specific answers quickly which is what I need.

I know you're not supposed to bring your own alcohol on the cruise, but if you "tried" too, do they take it? How much could you get away with? If say you packed two bottles of vodka in bubble wrap and put in two different bags would that be ok?

What about beer? for instance I would buy it on deck but I only drink Corona light. Can I pack that and bring it with me or will they draw the line? Any answers would be great.

Any tips too! It has been a long time since I cruised.

I apologze for being redundant!

On my last cruise (sep 06) we brought on a large bottle of rum ...great for mixing with the onboard freebee drinks and a bottle of vodka.

I think the rule is: Put it in your checked luggage (pad it well!).

They will typically take it if its in your carry-on luggage, but mostly ignore whats in your checked bags.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting in trouble for trying to get alcohol on board.* They just take it.

you can try to get away with whatever you feel comfortable losing. What I mean is that you have a good chance of getting your smuggled booze on the ship but there could be a chance that they will find it and you have the choice putting it in your car or throwing it away.

As far as the corona light, Carnival won't let you bring beer on just because they don't carry it on board.

The rule is you are allowed one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne per adult over the age of 21. Anything else they find, they will confiscate. Period. One bottle or twenty. Hard liquor or beer. If they find it, they take it. Information is in the Carnival FAQ: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Despite Carnival's stated policy, many people report that they have taken the disallowed beverages on board in their checked baggage.

you can try to get away with whatever you feel comfortable losing. What I mean is that you have a good chance of getting your smuggled booze on the ship but there could be a chance that they will find it and you have the choice putting it in your car or throwing it away.

As far as the corona light, Carnival won't let you bring beer on just because they don't carry it on board.

Ok... the rule actually states that if they find the "smuggled" alcohol, they will take it away from you, but they don't toss it. They return it to you the last night of the cruise. So... worst case scenario, if you're caught, you won't have your alcohol all week, BUT you'll have one hell of a party that last night when EVERYONE who got busted will have access to their liquor again! I happen to have a cruiser's set of Rum Runner's that I have my smuggled goods already stored in for my cruise next week. Happy Drinking... I mean Sailing!

Archived