What is the pull of Aft Cabins?

It's great there are choices for everyone.

We had aft JS cabins over a year ago now for a Christmas cruise. My sister and husband were right next to us. We loved it, BIL did not.

I don't mind the walk, it was no big deal. Yes, the balcony was wet in the morning, just like the side balconies we've had in the past. The high points for us was the absolute huge size of the balcony and all the privacy we had. We spent more time on that balcony than any other we've had in the past.

I'd book another in a heartbeat.

Look, It is getting tougher and tougher to get my aft balcony when I book my cruises. So from now on if somebody asks about a Aft Cabin,

WE DON'T KNOW NOTHING!! lets keep it in the "FAMILY"

The devil made me do it :eek: ! But it's the last time I promise. :o

Kathy:)

Sometimes you can get lucky and snag an aft that has been released otherwise yes, you do need to book early. We booked on March 18th for corner aft 9256 on the Brilliance for August 2009. In the event we have a desirable aft and have to release it for some reason, we go to the Roll Call for that cruise and let our fellow CCers know the cabin is being released.

Glad you liked the pics.

Kathy:)

:cool: After having 7 cruises, all inside, I decided to try a balcony on last cruise, southern carib, on Seranade. Upon looking, found 9256 available, and jumped on it. After seeing pics, compliments of Sue L, I was so excited. It lived up to all expectations. Travelled with two other couples, and we hosted "happy hours" daily on large balcony. Two lounges, two chairs and table. All comforts of home. Rhapsody to Alaska in Sep scheduled, and also got aft corner. Will never go back inside. Longer walk, but much less crowded. Go for AFT when available, corner a must. :cool: JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

No I wouldn't. I was already partial to the sides of the ships anyways. I can't imagine how looking backwards is good. I understand you see more but I don't think it is for me. I was just curious though - hence the thread. You know, just to see if there was something I was missing.
Based on your comments, I think you wanted validation for your preference for sides more than you did opinions on aft cabins.

Archived