Equinox price drops - already

thedog01

FYI: I booked an Aquaclass room on the 31 Aug 09 voyage of the Equinox during the Capts Club pre-sale. The same cruise on the standard Celebrity website is now listing Aquaclass cabins for about $100 CAN less than the price I booked at. My TA is talking to X to get the lower fare for us.

It pays to check the rates. I just didn't expect them to drop so quickly....

FYI: I booked an Aquaclass room on the 31 Aug 09 voyage of the Equinox during the Capts Club pre-sale. The same cruise on the standard Celebrity website is now listing Aquaclass cabins for about $100 CAN less than the price I booked at. My TA is talking to X to get the lower fare for us.

It pays to check the rates. I just didn't expect them to drop so quickly....

Could this be a late adjustment of Canadian pricing to reflect dollar parity?

I noticed the same thing - I booked the Equinox transatlantic on the 18th - Celebrity agent told me it was cheaper to book in US dollars, so we did. When the bookings opened on X site, I checked and Canadian prices were about 100$ cheaper per person... so we switched to Canadian... who knows what the exchange is going to be like in 18 moinths from now!

MC

I don't think it was a currency conversion issue. The price difference was exactly $100 in the cruise fare, and exactly $28 in the taxes. The Cdn $ has been down against the US $ in the last two weeks, so I'd expect the Cdn price to go up if anything. In any case, the change has been made and we're $100 richer now (or that's what I'm telling myself, don't burst my balloon :) ) I'll be keeping an eye on the price for the next while.

When we booked we ran the numbers in both Cdn and US$. The Cdn price was about $20 cheaper at the time, more than that if you consider the fees charged by Visa to convert.

Fill their cabins and they are not going as fast as they had hoped.

BIG NEW EXPENSIVE SHIP.....four more coming!!!!!

Need to fill cabins

Need to fill cabins

Need to fill cabins

Next thing you know they'll be prostituting the new ships out like they are doing with the Century.

Dave:eek:

Archived