who would you chose for athens tour?

amanda blake

We used Spiros last year and had a wonderful excursion. This was our third visit to Athens and having Spiros made such a difference. You can see pictures from places that he took us on our website www.thepreismans.com . In addition to the normal stops, we went to places that are not on the average tour.

We used Athens Taxi, see my blog on our day in Athens.

http://calberrymedcruise.blogspot.com/2007/09/post-20-piraeus-and-athens.html

Just remember that they are drivers, and that you would need to get official guides (if you felt you needed one) while at the actual sites. We did NOT.

Jimmy (Pauls' son) was our driver, and we really enjoyed him, his narrative, and the day. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Happy planning,

Steve

What is the contact information for him?

I'd also recommend you go to the local library nearest you and pick up a couple of current travel guides (Fodor's, Michelen's or Rick Steves' series .... Through the Back Door (of Europe)).

Since you mentioned Rick Steves, I thought you might be interested in this:

".... a preview of the chapter on Athens that will appear in Rick's new guidebook, Athens and the Peloponnesian Peninsula, scheduled to be published in early 2009."

http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/greece/athens.htm

We used Athens Taxi, see my blog on our day in Athens.

http://calberrymedcruise.blogspot.com/2007/09/post-20-piraeus-and-athens.html

Just remember that they are drivers, and that you would need to get official guides (if you felt you needed one) while at the actual sites. We did NOT.

Jimmy (Pauls' son) was our driver, and we really enjoyed him, his narrative, and the day. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Happy planning,

Steve

All booked and ready to go next month with Paul (or his son) Soooo excited.

If their communications are any indication then we will have a great day!!

Thanks for the recommendations.

:D :D

we have two quotes...one from spiros...520E...one from athenstaxi...450E...both offering the same tour..

there are 13 of us...so not a great difference divided by 13...

any advice out there?

10 person minivan Paul at www.*****; 400 Euros for 10. 40 euros for each additional person. Last November. He also had a rate for 4 people in a Mercedes car.You can also take a taxi into town for ~25 Euro each way.

I have been to Athens several times and always took public transportation - last year we used Spiros and had a wonderful tour. We were able to see everything we wanted to see in the short amount of time we were there.

Our group loved Spiros and we have recommended him to friends that have since traveled to Greece.

Our group loved Spiros and we have recommended him to friends that have since traveled to Greece.

I have received many comments from people thanking me for recommending Spiros to them. It is always easy to recommend someone who you have confidence in to provide great service.

• 2 years later...

I have contacted both Athensbytaxi.com and toursofathens.com. The guides recommended on Cruise Critic, namely Paul and Dennis are both booked during our dates of travel. Paul has recommended his partner Petros, and Dennis has recommended his partner Markos. Has anyone ever traveled with either of them?

• 9 months later...
We used Spiros last year and had a wonderful excursion. This was our third visit to Athens and having Spiros made such a difference. You can see pictures from places that he took us on our website www.thepreismans.com . In addition to the normal stops, we went to places that are not on the average tour.

Thank you for all the good information and the wonderful pictures this will really help me in planning my cruise this June :)

I have contacted both Athensbytaxi.com and toursofathens.com. The guides recommended on Cruise Critic, namely Paul and Dennis are both booked during our dates of travel. Paul has recommended his partner Petros, and Dennis has recommended his partner Markos. Has anyone ever traveled with either of them?

Yes! I have used Dennis and recommended him frequently and received good feedback from others on my recommendation. No worries with him, great personality, great English, great vehicle. Have a fantastic vacation.

We would highly recommend Spiro's Taxi/Tours as mentioned by others. We have used his service on two separate tours and both guides were great, spoke English well and made the tours even more fun. First tour was to Athens/Acropolis/Archealogy Museum and then a drive out to Sounion. Second trip we went to Delphi--bit of a drive (left about 8am and back to the ship in plenty of time) but much to see along the way and a great lunch overlooking the sea with marvelous grilled lamb chops--at a place recommended by the guide. Both vehicles were air conditioned Mercedes.

BTW, Delphi was really spectacular.

A friend of ours who had used Nikos Loukas of Private Greece Tours recommended that we book with him when we were in Athens recently. They said we would love him and we did. We were a party of 6. Nikos picked us up at the cruise terminal early and took us directly to the Acroplis. When we arrived there were hardly any visitors there (Nikos had suggested we go there first). By the time we left it had gotten pretty busy. Nikos took us all over Athens, arranged for lunch (and even stayed with us till we ordered in case we had any questions). All 6 of us found Nikos to be an informative guide who really paid attention to what we wanted to see and saw that we saw it. He is a true professional and we all would recommend him highly. We even used his service to take us to the airport the following day. Don't tour Athens without Nikos!!!!

Joyce, Ray, Karen, Bob, Joan and Mark:)

Archived