Coffee in Cabins?

I believe the suites have coffee makers (someone posted a picture here once) but regular cabins do not. You can order room service for a specific time frame if you wish (they will call before delivery) or you can go get coffee in the morning and bring it back to your room. You do not have to go to the dining room at all.

Also, most of the ships have locations where you can get coffee at times when the dining room or Windjammer aren't open if you don't want to order it from room service. On Voyager and Freedom class, its at the Cafe Promenade. On Radiance class it's right outside the entrance to the Windjammer.

thanx all, for your quick replies. i'm new to cruising so forgive me if this is a silly question. Do you pay for room service? I'm still not clear on what is free and what is an extra charge on drinks, food, restaurants etc............it's so confusing...........

thanx all, for your quick replies. i'm new to cruising so forgive me if this is a silly question. Do you pay for room service? I'm still not clear on what is free and what is an extra charge on drinks, food, restaurants etc............it's so confusing...........

Okay to help you out here's a list of what you do and don't have to pay for:

included drinks - coffee, tea (hot and iced), milk (includes chocolate milk), lemonade, juice at breakfast

pay for drinks - soda, bottled water, cappucinos, alcohol, and juice at the bars

meals that are included - main dining room, windjammer buffet, room service (should tip in cash when it is delivered), and on the ships that have them Cafe Promenade, Seaview Cafe (there is a charge for drinks and milkshakes), Sorrento's Pizza, and Solarium Cafe.

Foods that have an extra charge - Johnny Rockets ($3.95 per person surcharge but it is all you can eat, you do pay extra for drinks and milkshakes), Chops ($25 per person surcharge), Portofino ($20 per person surcharge, some ships $25), Ben and Jerry's, Caffe Lattetudes (drinks are charged, but you can get pastries from here at no charge if you buy a drink), and on Monarch of the Seas only Jade sushi

Oh, and keep asking your questions. We'll be happy to answer them as best we can.

what a great discovery this board is!! You guys/gals are are a wonderful resource for those of us who are new.

Another question: can you get the free drinks anytime of the day or just during meals.

also, I'm traveling with my hubby and 4 teenage children. they told me to get 3 separate cabins on freedom of the seas. Is there a less expensive alternative or is this my best bet................

You could put the teenagers in one cabin and you and hubby in another, for two cabins total. Sometimes the price difference isn't that much, but it's worth checking into.

I believe there is a drink station open pretty much all the time in the Windjammer.

You can get the no charge drinks at any time of day or night, either through the dining room, Windjammer, or room service.

As to staterooms, the least expensive option depends on when you are sailing. BUT, usually you can get a discounted rate for the 3rd and 4th passengers in a room, so it may be less expensive to put all the teenagers in 1 inside stateroom instead of having them in 2 rooms.

Just got off the Grandeur last week. Every evening I put out my roomservice request for the next morning. Had a lovely "pre-breakfast" coffee very early on my balcony every day. Can't wait until the next trip!

We always get an balcony or suite for ourselves and put all our girls into the inside cabin across the hall. They are never in the room anyway. If they wanted to sit on the balcony, they could come to our room. It rarely happened, they were either running around the ship or sleeping. Now that the oldest is getting married we might have to break down and get two inside cabins!

We are officially spoiled by coffee on the balcony every morning! i get up early to walk or workout, and we order room service for a specific time after working out. i also have been known to save the room service carafe and bring it to windjammer to fill up! i know it sounds crazy, but we so enjoy that quiet time of the mornings. we also order fruit and cereal, so as not to over do the breakfast buffet thing! 11/30 will be our second time on explorer and our 9th overall cruise, so we have our likes and dislikes down pat. hope this helps....

Archived