Senior Discounts

spikester

The senior discount code is PSE but it's not available on every cruise and sometimes it comes and goes depending on which day you check it. For example, we booked the Splendor 7/13/08 cruise on 5/10/07. No discounts then or for a long time. The senior code showed up 1/27/08 so I changed it then the price for seniors came down another $100 per person on 2/6/08 so I changed it again. Now it's gone. Who knows? Maybe after final payment is due in 3 weeks the prices will change again.

So, use PSE and keep checking.

We always tcik the senior discounts but never get any benefit from this versus booking as less than 55 years old. It cannot hurt to try though, as in Canada seniors are treated as excess baggage for the younger population to support through taxes etc.

Just a tip when booking Carnival, always check with PVP or your own TA to see if there is a military discount on the cruise you are booking.

American retired military, active duty military as well as former military who have served at least 2 years in military and can provide an honorable discharge from service can receive the military discount on sailings where those discounts are available.

Not all sailings offer the discount but the discount is worth looking into as the savings can be significantly more than the senior citizen discount.

Dianne

The senior discount code is PSE but it's not available on every cruise and sometimes it comes and goes depending on which day you check it. For example, we booked the Splendor 7/13/08 cruise on 5/10/07. No discounts then or for a long time. The senior code showed up 1/27/08 so I changed it then the price for seniors came down another $100 per person on 2/6/08 so I changed it again. Now it's gone. Who knows? Maybe after final payment is due in 3 weeks the prices will change again.

So, use PSE and keep checking.

Even with the code, Carnival doesn't always offer you the senior discount on their web site.:( You need to check as stated with your PVP or TA to see which ships offer the discount on the dates you are interested in going. I always check for and receive (when applicable), even if they are posted after I book, in which case I have received a credit for the difference in price.:D

Archived