11/2 - Ft. Lauderdale

11/3 - Princess Cays 9-4

11/4 - at sea

11/5 - St. Maarten 9-6

11/6 - St. Thomas 7-4

11/7 - Grand Turk 1-7

11/8 - at sea

11/9 - Ft. Lauderdale

Just wondering what dates the 2 formal nights will be.

Thanks!

Here is my itinerary if that helps:

11/2 - Ft. Lauderdale

11/3 - Princess Cays 9-4

11/4 - at sea

11/5 - St. Maarten 9-6

11/6 - St. Thomas 7-4

11/7 - Grand Turk 1-7

11/8 - at sea

11/9 - Ft. Lauderdale

Just wondering what dates the 2 formal nights will be.

Thanks!

From the look of your itinerary, I'd say 11/6, since you will be leaving port early enough for early seating passengers. Usually, it would be on the second to last night of the cruise, but since you will be in Grand Turk until 7pm, formal night will most likely be the night before. I hope this helps.:)

To add...your first formal night may be the 4th since it is a sea day...they like to make formal nights on sea days. In the old days, formal nights were always second and second to last nights, no matter where you were. Nowadays, they tend to schedule them on sea days.

Yeah, this is a tough one to figure for the second formal night. I agree that the first one most likely would be the first sea day, but the second one is not so clear cut.

Usually, they try to have the formal nights on the sea days so that there is time to get ready for all dining options. Also, they want to make sure that you have a chance to use the salon for any hair, nails, facials, etc. and that is tough to do when you have port day.

The other factor is that your last sea day is your last day at sea and that's when luggage has to be put out. Unless everyone races back to their room after dinner, packs away their finery and puts the luggage out right away - there's going to be a lot of jammed passageways.

The night before that might make sense in light of the above, but it might be a good idea of checking other postings of those sailing on the same itinerary and have them report as to which days were formal.

Archived