Golden Anytime Dining Question

travelintrio

We are doing anytime dining on the Golden Princess. I know the Caneletto dining room is reserved for traditional dining but can you use the Bernini and Donatello dining rooms at any hour 5-10pm or are there certain hours for each dining room? Also which do you like better waitstaff, atmosphere, view? Also are all 3 dining rooms used for lunch and breakfast. Any servers to try to have or to stay away from? I've never done anytime dining but it sounds perfect when traveling with dd 5. Sometimes we will have dinner with her and sometimes alone:D Thanks!

We are doing anytime dining on the Golden Princess. I know the Caneletto dining room is reserved for traditional dining but can you use the Bernini and Donatello dining rooms at any hour 5-10pm or are there certain hours for each dining room? Also which do you like better waitstaff, atmosphere, view? Also are all 3 dining rooms used for lunch and breakfast. Any servers to try to have or to stay away from? I've never done anytime dining but it sounds perfect when traveling with dd 5. Sometimes we will have dinner with her and sometimes alone:D Thanks!

Both the anytime dining rooms should be available during the entire dinner time. Haven't done the Golden (but have been on the sister ship Grand Princess several times). Based on my experience with the Grand and other Princess ships (elite level with over 16 cruises) I don't think you will find a measurable difference in atmosphere or view between the 2 dining rooms.

Only one of the restaurants will be open for lunch and breakfast.

My 7 year old daughter has been on about 9 Princess cruises and loves them. We have found that anytime dining works great when we are cruising with her--we eat together or separately depending on whether she is up to a long formal dinner.

Have a great trip.

Archived